Leuven Travel Answers

change location

Salsa in Leuven

by landlady1999 Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hello, I am coming to Leuven for a week and I like dancing salsa (or at times other Latino American dances). Tried to google but didn't find anything of use. Is there any place that organises Latino American dancing evenings (either when they only play Latino music or when at the beginning of the evening they give a lesson of dancing and the rest of the evening everyone dances as they wish) or specifically Salsa evenings?

Otherwise, if nothing Latino American, or specifically Salsa doesn't exist, is there any other place in Leuven which organizes some kind of a dance lesson and then after that, the rest of the evening it's simply the disco?

thank you for the answers in advance.

P.S. I will be in Leuven from Tuesday to Monday.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Salsa in Leuven

by leics Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I haven't yet visited Leuven but I found this website:

http://www.leuvensalsa.com/dp/node/154

They organise free salsa 'parties' on Mondays and Wednesdays at Cafe Manger on Oude Markt (though they don't start until 10pm).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • windpaard's Profile Photo

by windpaard Online Now Jan 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

hello
    there was a cuban bar"villa ernesto" in leuven but it burnt
    there a lot of salsa lessons,you can go once at the end of the lesson, and sometimes they dance to practice but the teacher,the friends,the students all know what is heppening in Leuven and around
    at El peligroso ,goudenbloemstraat 28,Leuven ,the lessons are between 19 and 22,
    sundays,tuesdays thursday
    www.salsaflash.be probably in the site there is a mail where you can get all the info.

1 member found this helpful

• Lorena2's Profile Photo

by Lorena2 Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Hello,
    There are salsa classes taught on Monday at Leuven and on Friday at Kessel-Lo by Salsasabrosita.
    One of the teachers is from South-America
    www.salsasabrosita.be

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines