Leuven Travel Answers

change location

need Leuven apartment Jan-May 2008

by mj_world_consultant Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 7:03 AM

I'm not a student, but I have similar requirements. I'm looking for a clean nonsmoking apartment (studio or 1 bedroom) reasonably near the train station for the first half of 2008. The "business flats" are too expensive and fancier than I require.

Any ideas?

--mj

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: need Leuven apartment Jan-May 2008

by qaminari Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 7:27 AM

You could look for shared housing on www.xpats.com under the classifieds. Otherwise, monthly or even 6-monthly lets of furnished accommodation, other than student rooms ("kots") ARE expensive - and as Leuven is a student town, there are unlikely to be any student rooms available by early 2008 as they generally rent from September for the academic year.
    You could try on belgiumhousing.be/bus/indexE..., or get in touch with the tourist board who may know about other possibilities of lodgings.
    Don't be tempted to take a longer lease than you want which appears cheaper, because if you take a 3-year lease the penalty for breaking it in the first year is 3 months' rent. And below 3 years, leases are FIXED which means you cannot break them at all but are committed to paying rent for the whole 6 months or however long the lease is.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines