Leuven Travel Answers

change location

Who can make a plan for me?

by Keyone2fun Online Now Aug 21, 2004 at 1:48 AM

Hi! I`m comming from hot weather of Tehran & will be in Leuven for two weeks of end September .Within this 2 weeks have to stay for only 2 or 3 business meetings and so have plenty of idle time without any specific plan specially for weekends. I like to find a Leuvener friend during my stay and go out to see intresting places, musiums, university , sport clubs ( I like swimming & vollyball too much) , etc. Thanks Omid

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • irisbe's Profile Photo

Re: Who can make a plan for me?

by irisbe Online Now Aug 21, 2004 at 2:03 AM

If you have a lot of spare time, it will be easy to visit other places around Leuven. Belgium is soooooooo small you get anywhere in few time. Train and bus are perfect ways to travel. The weather is unpredictable, it can be soft and dry or chilly and rainy. The university library can be visited after you apply but it is possible that with the start of the new academic year they might be under time pressure, but it is worth a try. The city hall is marvelous but not all guides speaks English (you best inform before you go). There are a few small museums as well. Above all Leuven is a city you need to walk through: beguinage, small parks, old market, city hall buildings. Leuven is not far from Brussels; Mechelen; Antwerp. By train you will be there before you notice `-) I am afraid I will be rather occupied that period (have a trip organised on sat's 18th and have to work on the 25th). If you would like to visit Antwerp on a Sunday and need some guiding, then you are welcome. Rest of the time is working week and we are under a bit of pressure then. Do look around at VT pages Look at Leuven;Gent;Brugge;Antwerp;Brussels;Mechelen;Lier;Mons;Namur;Hasselt already quite a start!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines