Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Photography summer course?

Rouen Nov 15, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Hi, next summer (2016) I will be staying in Rouen for a week. I am looking for a hands-on photography course in Rouen. Can anyone please give me directions where to find more information? Preferably English spoken. Thanks! Best regards, Gertjan

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

How many nights for Cahors?

Cahors Oct 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM

On our slow journey from Collonges la Rouge, we're considering a stop in Cahors. We've looked it up and it sounds great, but when people are doing write ups of their own town they always make it sound great. So this question is for those of you who've been there--is it worth two or three days?

• Airport Taxis

Rennes Nov 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We are due to arrive at Rennes airport in June 2016 after 20.00hrs. We have been told taxis do not operate at this time!
      Can anyone confirm please?

• ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Paris Nov 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Has anyone toured the recently open exposition "LE ROI EST MORT/THE KING IS DEAD?" Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

• silvia1700's Profile Photo

Bormes les Mimosas or Saint Paul de Vence?

Bormes-les-Mimosas Nov 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hello there!
      I'm planning my 2016 vacation and I don't know if I should come back to Saint Paul de Vence(just spent the day last time I was there)for couple of days or go to Bormes les Mimosas(have not been yet). I have to chose one or the other. The little I saw of Saint Paul de Vence, made fall in love with it. Bormes seems beautiful as well...what to do???

• The Church

Île de Batz Nov 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM

What is the name of the Large Church on the Island and when was it built?

• Shall we go to Granville or Caen if we have 24 hours only?

Granville Oct 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Will travel to Normandy at the and of Dec. We will take the train to Leisieux stay for a night and travel to Mont St Michael's for another night. Will have a extra day. Wonder if we shall go to Granville or Caen. My concerns are
      1. Will most places in the places there be closed around 28-30Dec?
      2. Can we go around by public transport or walking?

• Going to Taizé in May 2016

Taizé Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Is there any group who is going to Taizé from 15.05 until 22.05.2016? For me it would perfect if you or your group is from Bonn/ Cologne or any other country near by. But also if you life a little more far away, i would be thankful if you write. Unfortunately it's not as easy as in holidays to find a group ;)

I would be very happy, if anybody answers me ;)

Greetings Anikapa

Is Carcassone worth two nights?

France Oct 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

I know it's supposed to be touristy, but seeing a as how I'm a tourist, that should be OK. Or is it disgustingly cheesy. I'm in Rocamoudor now and like it. I liked Sarlat. How does Carcassone compare?

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Carte Vitale question / Strasbourg / Alsace

France Yesterday

Have tumor(?) issues. Have no Carte Vitale due error of German DAK. Spent countless time to get all the paperwork, only their (DAK) EU form whatever-number is missing, asked already twice: "we will send you it within 10 days".

The "10 days" passed at least 5 times.

Still, no EU-form-whatever (and thus no Carte Vitale). In the mean time the doctors in Karlsruhe and Budapest want me to see a surgeon "sure is sure, you probably do not have a cancer - but ethically we may not tell you anything else, just see a surgeon"

It's not a pleasure to see a surgeon - but:

1) How should I proceed with French authorities? The doctors want it to be done soon (even that I recall the tumor or what-not) being there for good number of years (if not for most of my life, but not 100% sure)

2) Any decent oncologist / urologist in Strasbourg?

3) How the French system works anyway? (Have no idea, except that I need that Carte Vitale what somehow I can't get even that I have a suitcase of papers - one from DAK is missing and they keep screwing it up)

Sorry, it's not about the travel - I am just kind of busy with all traveling, working, IT stuff, family and other things, have no time for crap like dying or so, neither mood, just in case... would appreciate some help. Thanks.

• What is the painting at Auberge de la Chapelle

Clamecy Nov 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM

What is the painting at Auberge de la Chapelle? who is the artist and what is the scene?

• Is it safe in auxerre

Auxerre Nov 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I am travelling to auxerre in November, is it safe to go out at night as a single female

• Czbloch's Profile Photo

Alsace Lorraine best villages?

France Oct 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We are staying in colmar for 4 nights, Strasbourg for 2 and Nancy for 1 before heading to lake Geneva, Switzerland next summer. What villages are the best to visit in the Alsace Lorraine region? Stopping in Mulhouse to see the car museum for my husband

• behappy30's Profile Photo

Holiday parks or similar with children

France Nov 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I'm looking for a destination for next summer for me and my family (2 adults, 2 four years old twins). We would like a nice place in France, England, Italy, Belgium or Netherlands, to spend three weeks there.
      "We" like pools or sea, easy hiking, play areas, nice landscapes, not-the-most-crowded-place in august, nice weather...
      Anybody can help me to find "this" place?

Is Carcassone worth two nights?

France Oct 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

I know it's supposed to be touristy, but seeing a as how I'm a tourist, that should be OK. Or is it disgustingly cheesy. I'm in Rocamoudor now and like it. I liked Sarlat. How does Carcassone compare?

• The Taxi Service in Paris - Guides to book one.

Paris Nov 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Hello all,

I am planning to have a trip to Paris within a few days. But as I am new to Paris, I don't have any idea about how to get a taxi service. I have read some blogs in internet about taxi in Paris. But I need clear guideline from the experienced ones regarding the cost, booking systems, where to book and how they all about.

Thanks in advance,

With best regards :)

• KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Navigo--- Urgent

Paris Nov 16, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Hi all,
      Does anybody know whether we may buy on line the Navigo (for tourists/one week period) and collect it from Charles De Gaulle airport, RER ticket office?

• Transfer from Paris CDG Terminal 2E to 2D with Check-in Luggage.

Paris Oct 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Greetings guys.
      My family and I will be arriving from Kuala Lumpur by Vietnam Airlines at Terminal 2E and have to check-in at Terminal 2D to London by Easyjet the same day on 6th Nov 2015. After collecting the luggage from 2E, how do I proceed to check-in my luggage to 2D? Where do I need to endorse my passport?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Wanzul WD.

• Botakjon's Profile Photo

Places to celebrate New Year's Eve

Amboise Nov 14, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, like to know any restaurants open for New Year Eve celebration dinner in Amboise or Loire Valley on 31Dec2015?

Thanks your any help

• Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Porcelain/Lace Shop, Normandy, France

France Oct 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Hi, We are currently near Clecy, Swiss Normande, Normandy, France. We have been to several towns and villages, but not really seen many hand made products. We are looking for a shop/place which sells quality painted plates/hand made products. We are really looking for something to remind us of our trip :-) If anyone knows of anywhere that sounds suitable, please let us know and we will be eternally grateful :-)

• what do you propose?

Paris Nov 18, 2015 at 6:40 AM

should we travel to paris in the next 15 days?

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Land borders open?

France Nov 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM

What is the situation on the land borders with Germany? I am stuck in Hungary (as we know, French government officials asking for extensive paperwork for anything). I was complying with all the paperwork requests from the French government (and this is not very fast in Hungary or RU either).

While doing so we had the tragic events first with the airplane, than in Paris. The newspapers in Hungary report that the borders are closed - but now I have to travel back (by car) and have no idea, what is going on.

Will try to call the French Embassy but if any local in Strasbourg and / or Karlsruhe would tell what is the situation on the ground that would be helpful. I live in Alsace.

• is it safe

Paris Nov 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM

hey my son is going to paris in 2 weeks is it safe he is leaving from london by train