Lesvos Travel Answers

change location

Last Minute Questions

by ReluctantTourist Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Hi all. Last minute questions (of a basic nature) due to last minute booking of holiday to Petra!

1. We are 3 adults, 1 child. How much can we expect to pay for lunch and dinner(child normally eats at least as much as an adult) and how expensive are the drinks?

2. How are the buses regarding regularity, coverage and cost? Would like to travel a bit, but not enough to warrant hiring a car.

We'll be there in 2 weeks time, so if anyone could answer, that'd be great.

Cheers!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Re: Last Minute Questions

by Rachel972 Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM

You're going to Patra, Peloponese, not Petra, Jordan?
    If you plan traveling with the local bus, KTEL, you have to find out beforehand if you have a return bus on the same day, and from my experience the most dependable answer you'll get only at the bus stop itself. In April we got stuck and had to rent a car (and buy maps) but in the summer there are more buses. Maybe there are tour buses from where you're staying, but for four persons this will be expensive, and as you sleep at your holiday place you take no luggage and don't need a big car.

I don't remember the food prices, but sit only at places places that have price lists, and not a waiter who recites a long list of food with no prices. And if you sit at the waterfront, you pay for the view and the breeze.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Rachel972 Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice that this message is on the Lesvos forum. Anyway what I wrote about taverna prices will be the same there as in the places where we've traveled, and I hope to get there myself in the spring.

by Rachel972 Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Write to Matt Barrett personally, he answers very quickly
    http://www.lesvos.com/

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

by nickandchris Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM

We were in Molyvos in May. Have you read my page? There are lots of tips there!

"LESVOS, A MAGNIFICENTLY DIVERSE ISLAND" - Prefecture of Lesvos by nickandchris

• Re: Last Minute Questions

by ReluctantTourist Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Many thanks!

Rachel, we had already found Matt's website...a very useful source of information.

Nick/Chris, thanks for all the tips and info. We'll be visiting Molyvos, and I'm sure will find your tips and reviews very handy.

P.S. It is 16C and raining here today....34C forecast in Lesvos for Thursday!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines