Lesvos Travel Answers

change location

Cost of living

by Dixie06 Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Further to my previous question just to clarify we have accommodation booked and paid for. We will be paying for car hire by credit card. £1,000 spending money is for two people for all food and drinks and any other expenses. We do not like to visit night clubs and a night out consists of a meal and a few drinks. We like traditional bars rather than touristy English type bars. Can anyone advise if this will be enough cash to take.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Elenitsa's Profile Photo

RE: Cost of living

by Elenitsa Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 1:02 PM

I have just returned from 11 nights in south west Crete, where I would guess that costs would be about the same as Lesvos (if not a little higher)- we spent a little over 1200 euros including all accommodation, meals, drinks, 100 euros in bus/ferry fares, a day at the water park...so I would say that £1000 for a fortnight will be plenty!

Have a great time.

Helen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nickandchris's Profile Photo

RE: Cost of living

by nickandchris Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 2:52 PM

It will be ample. We took £1000 to Greece this May for two weeks for two adults and a child. This paid for eating out, (including a litre of house wine and a beer or two) but not every night and mainly in cheaper places, groceries and booze and also petrol for a fortnight. We brought £350 back with us.
    If you stay drinking in the restaurant you've eaten in, it's often cheaper than a bar. Look at the menus for prices and don't be easily led.
    There will probably be an ATM somewhere but we have never trusted our luck with them, always taken cash.

• JANNCOX's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of living

by JANNCOX Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 3:09 AM

Just returned from Lesvos after two weeks, we also allowed £1,000 for spending.
    Brought £200 back with us. We had a studio, but only had breakfast there, ate out lunchtime, and evening. Including a bottle of retsina most evenings. Didn't have a hire car so no petrol to pay for, but we did do one trip, costing 38euro, for two. We have a Nationwide Flex account and used the ATM machine, very good value, as not charged by Nationwide, and got a better rate.
    We were situated in Petra. Hope this helps, and have a great holiday.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of living

by nickandchris Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 3:38 AM

Janncox, only two years late!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines