Lesvos Travel Answers

change location

Lesvos & Samos in August 2003

by Guylod Online Now Jun 12, 2003 at 6:41 AM

Hi all. We're travelling to Lesvos, Chios and Samos as backpackers in August 2003. We didn't plan to book any accomodations beforehand, but it looks like August is a very busy period in that area. We'll be looking after private rooms or b&b type of places. Any recommendations on whether we should book accomodation beforehand ? Or any good suggestions... ? Thanks in advance, take care... Guy

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Lesvos & Samos in August 2003

by StefanosS Online Now Jun 15, 2003 at 9:59 AM

I have been to Lesvos and Chios last August. Best beaches to stay in Lesvos: Skala Eressou, Sigri, Petra, Mithimna (Molyvos). Also Aghiassos worths a visit. I arrived on the 19th of August and I went directly to Skala Eressou. I had to ask to many houses for room and finally I found one, where I stayed for a week. Next I sail to Chios and I went directly to Emborios, it was easy to find a room there (on 26 August) for one more week. Do not miss to visit Pyrghi, Olymbi, Mesta. Take into account that the high season (for most Greeks) ends on the weekend after 15 August. So, if you arrive before 20 August, I would say that you have to book some place in advance. Stefanos Thessaloniki, Greece.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • loreli's Profile Photo

Re: Lesvos & Samos in August 2003

by loreli Online Now Mar 11, 2004 at 1:00 AM

In August a sardine festival is held in Skala Kalloni in Lesvos. Don't miss it. They bbq sardines and hand out free ouzo, there is traditional music and dancing. Its JAMPACKED!!!!!! its like the whole of lesvos is milling thru the streets of this little village. Its televized as well. If you decide to see the festival try and get accommodation beforehand. lesvosonline.gr/Lesvos/touri... Loreli

• Re: Lesvos & Samos in August 2003

by marianna_stella Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 11:05 PM

HEY! we were traveling in Lesvos & Chios last summer for a month. August is indeed fully booked( i would say especially now with Olympics in Athens, all Greeks will migrate to Islands) We stayed in Molivos, Lesvos (www.giannikos.demon.nl/hoteltriena) but the beach is not good there so we headed to south of island and ended up at Vatera, allmost ten km of beach, tavernas...and we stayed for a week at www.vrisies-studios.com, simple but new and clean and very much in budget. In Chios only accomodation we found available was a class hotel we ended up paying so much....so I would acdice you to book early (especially in august)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines