Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations

• FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

crossing Sani Pass

Lesotho Mar 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I would like to travel in November 2014 from Underberg to Mokhotlong and back, by local transport
      Is this possible?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Factory shops

Lesotho Jan 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Can anyone tell me where I can buy Adidas/Reebok in Lesotho from factory shops? In Maputsoe if possible.

• ThomasB24's Profile Photo

Driving in Lesotho with a sedan

Lesotho Sep 16, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Hi!

Next month I am taking my bellowed mother, which is visiting the continent for the first time, on a trip to Lesotho. I own a 1,4 VW Citi Golf. Have drived in six other countries in Southern Africa, Namibia included (which was no problem), so have some driving experience in the region.

Is there possible for me and my companions to get to some extraordinary places in Lesotho, or is it a waste of time to go with a small sedan to the country?
      Hope somebody can share their experiences with me.

Kindest Regards

Thomas Bakken

4 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • Transport from Maseru, Lesotho, to Swaziland

Lesotho Apr 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hi everyone!

Great to consult 'brian trust' on Virtualtourist.

I am flying off to Jo'burg, visit Lesotho and Swaziland, and then back to Jo'burg in an anti-clockwise motion.

This got me thinking; How can I go from Maseru, Lesotho, to Swaziland? There seems to be no apparent direct transport... Is minibus taxi the only means?

Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Suggestions for a few days in January

Lesotho Oct 16, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Hi
      We're toying with the idea of travelling up into Lesotho in early January, entering from the Free State, spending a few days in the mountains pony trekking, hiking and exploring, and then possibly dropping down into KZN via the Sani Pass. We have an old, battered but trusty 4x4.
      So some questions for people who've travelled that way recently.
      1. How is the road from the border (say we enter through maseru?) over to Sani Top? One fallback option we have consided option if the pass itself isn't doable would be to consider staying overnight at Sani Top and then driving back out through one of the other border posts into the Free State - would this be practical?
      2. What is the state of the pass itself? Has the tarring been completed? Is it reasonably navigable? Is it easier to drive it up or down (as we could reverse the itinerary and drive up from KZN if it would make a difference)?
      3. Can anyone recommend nice family-friendly accommodation that won't break the bank and will give us a range of activities within easy reach? I think I have heard good things about Malelane Lodge? And what is Sani Top like?
      Gerald, I think that the floor is yours, but feedback from anyone else who's recently travelled in these parts would be most welcome ...
      Regards
      Cathy

1 Answer Oct 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    • Any travel agent that offer group tour in Lesotho?

Lesotho Aug 20, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Could you recommend a travel agent based in Maseru that organize group tour in Lesotho? No specific tourist place, 1-2 days will do. In a tight budget. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM
    • Visa extension

Lesotho Aug 5, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I was granted a Lesotho visa shorter than I requested. I will be in Maseru, this Augist. Does anyone can provide an idea the process on Visa extension, how long is the visa they will grant, the fee and where to apply? Can I apply visa extension thru a travel agent? thanks.

• Advice on Johanesburg - lesotho-Swaziland Trip

Lesotho Jul 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I am finalising my travel trip on South Africa -Lesotho -Swaziland. I have applied for a Visa for Lesotho and South Africa, but the Swaziland can be only apply on Embassy Swaziland located on Pretoria, South Africa. I have booked a Ticket on bangkok-Johhanesburg - Lesotho - JohhanesBurg - Bangkok. With a plan to apply for visa in pretoria. My question is, how far is Johannesburg Inl't Airport to Pretoria? Do I need to travel by land or by air? The embassy address is Arcadia, Pretoria ( 715 cnr. Blackwood and Government Avenue ). Thank you in advance for your reply.

4 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    • Visa Requirements Lesotho

Lesotho Jul 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I am a Philippine National visiting lesotho for 2 months for a bussiness trip. There is a limited information on the net regarding the embassy in Asia. Anyone can help on what are the requirements for VISA? Do they have a visa on landing? If not, can I apply in South Africa. Thank you very much, you reply is highly appreciated.

11 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation does exist in Maseru?

Lesotho Aug 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi to everybody!
      I'm looking for budget accomodation in Maseru (let's say dorm about 100 R, simple single room around 200 R...?) and it seems it almost doesn't exist!!
      I'll be by public transport, so better find sth downtown.
      I read for one (Durhams) some 3 kms away.
      Really that hard for more center?
      If anybody has an idea, please do send your recomendations!
      (better if they have website/ e mail to conduct)
      happy travels!
      Nikos

11 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    • Public Transport to AfriSki

Lesotho Aug 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Does any one know if there are buses or puplic transportation that go from Johannesberg AfriSki in Lesotho?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    • Visiting the Katsedam

Lesotho May 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Any of you guys been to the Katsedam. I need info on the tour times, costs etc. Any general tips will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Oxbow-Mokhotlong road condition

Lesotho Mar 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Would appreciate some input on the road condition on the A1 / A3 from Fouriesburg through Oxbow / Mokotlong to Maseru.

Is the road tarred all the way?

We are thinking of riding through the area on road bicycles and we need to know if the surface is ok for this trip. (I know Moteng pass to AfriSki is great, but not sure of the rest of the loop.)

Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 1, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Loop JNB - Lesotho - Swaziland possible with bus?

Lesotho Jun 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Hi there, I plan a trip to Lesotho and Swaziland ex Johannesburg in September.
      Do you think it is possible to move between these countries by public transport? Planing to do the loop in a period of 10 - 12 days for the main sights, perhaps with backtracking to JNB if necessary.
      thanks
      Nikos

2 Answers Jun 14, 2009 at 2:33 AM
    • occhimare's Profile Photo

MENS DOWN JACKETS - BRAND.

Lesotho Mar 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Looking for a good RETAIL STORE in Lesotho to buy a WARM MEN'S HOODED COAT - preferably filled with Down Feathers. Any suggestions what store in Lesotho to shop at would be very much appreciated. Rgds, Mervin.

4 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    • Lesotho

Lesotho Nov 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM

I wish to travel to Lesotho via Durban by bus or other public transportation.
      I have a USA passport.. Do I need to apply in advance for a Lesotho tourist visa or will I be able to get it at the border crossing like I can get for South Africa? If I have to order in advance how much does the tourist visa normally cost?
      Also, I would love to get some good advice on transport from Durban to Sani Pass or other places in E. Lesotho- How is the easiest way to go there?

thanks so much!

2 Answers Nov 28, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    • Kolomyama Pottery

Lesotho Jul 30, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Does anyone know what happened to Kolomyama Pottery in T.Y?

• jackfruit's Profile Photo

Pony Trekking in Lesotho from a Drakensberg base

Lesotho May 14, 2007 at 3:37 AM

We are planning to be in the SA's Drakensberg area in September and would love to try out the pony trekking in Lesotho for 1-2 days. We will have a car with us but are not yet sure if we want to rent a 4X4 to do the crossing into Lesotho ourselves, or get on a tour on the SA side that will arrange for the pony trekking. Is the trekking as splendid as it is made out to be? After reading the LP section on it, it sounds like something we would love but I am looking for some personal experiences here on the forum. Any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

• afri-ski in january

Lesotho Oct 25, 2006 at 12:51 AM

What activities are available at Afri-ski ii January? What are your rates at this time of the year?

• Where?

Lesotho Sep 15, 2006 at 5:29 PM

Where is Malealea Lodge? Costs? How to access?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2006 at 11:06 PM
    • malelea vs sani pass??

Lesotho Aug 29, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Can anyone help? I want to go to Lesotho and do some pony trecking into the mounains for about 3 days and see some stunning scenery and local culture. I am torn between travelling to malelea lodge in the west of lesotho or going to khotso trails in the east / based in south africa.

Can anyone let me know which is better, or are they both as good as each other wor what I want to do? I would also like the option of doing some other activities too e.g. rafting, walking, fishing, etc

Thanks

Graham

2 Answers Sep 15, 2006 at 2:35 AM
    • East - west Roads

Lesotho Aug 3, 2006 at 4:54 AM

I would like to drive from Sani Pass to Maseru (4x4)

What is the route? How accessible is it?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2006 at 4:19 AM
    • Travel and Tourism Market in Lesotho

Lesotho May 24, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Hello.
      I have been commissioned for a report on the travel and tourism market in Lesotho which will be diffused internationally.
      I am looking for experienced operators (or experienced amateurs) in the sector to interview them about their views on the country and its touristic potentials.

Any tips or advice is welcome!

Thanks

Cecilia

2 Answers May 26, 2006 at 8:18 AM
    • katietimmins's Profile Photo

Travelling Across Lesotho

Lesotho May 12, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Hi everyone,

We are going from Cape Town to Lesotho in a couple of weeks, starting in Maseru. Can anyone give me any tips for travelling out to the East, via the Sani Pass, and then heading out towards Port St Johns in South Africa (on the Wild Coast) will we have to hire a car, or is public transport reliable? Any tips on what to do/see in Lesotho?

Many thanks

Katie

1 Answer May 12, 2006 at 11:43 AM
    • Dirk64's Profile Photo

Lancers Inn

Lesotho Jun 27, 2005 at 3:41 AM

Dear All,

Anyone has been in the Lancers Inn in Maseru recently. Any information about restaurant, bar and beer ?

Best regards from Germany

Dirk

• Dirk64's Profile Photo

Hotel in Maseru ?

Lesotho Jun 16, 2005 at 1:51 AM

Hi,

I have to go on a business trip to Maseru coming July. I have to stay in Maseru.
      Any recommendations for a good hotel ?

Thanks in advance

Dirk

4 Answers Oct 6, 2005 at 7:58 AM
    • retired_poppi's Profile Photo

rental car - Sani Pass?

Lesotho Nov 14, 2004 at 6:39 PM

We will be driving around South Africa in a small rentl car in January 2005. Is it advisable to drive into Leshoto via Sani Pass? I see that there are organized 4 wheel drive tours from Underberg. If possible, I prefer to drive myself, but I need information about the condition of the road. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 18, 2004 at 1:26 PM
    • ginirover's Profile Photo

Hotels in Lesotho

Lesotho May 9, 2004 at 4:45 AM

Hi ! We'll be travelling in South Africa next October and will also visit Lesotho for a day or two. Has any of you any recommandation to make about a hoel whe should stay in while being in Lesotho. We're thinking of staying in Maseru as it's the capital of the country, but any other place with a good accodation in that neighbourhood will also be fine... Looking forward to your tips ! Ginirover - Belgium

3 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 6:58 AM
    • TigerLiisa's Profile Photo

tips?

Lesotho Jul 7, 2003 at 12:16 PM

Hey everyone! I'm travelling to Lesotho in September and I was hoping to get some good tips on where to go and what to see. I'm planning to go pony trekking somewhere in the middle of the country and maybe stay a day or two in Maseru. Anyone been there?

3 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 4:31 AM