Lesotho Travel Answers

change location

Visa Requirements Lesotho

by themask Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I am a Philippine National visiting lesotho for 2 months for a bussiness trip. There is a limited information on the net regarding the embassy in Asia. Anyone can help on what are the requirements for VISA? Do they have a visa on landing? If not, can I apply in South Africa. Thank you very much, you reply is highly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • Re: Visa Requirements Lesotho

by MarishaJohn2011 Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Hi,
    Contact any good travel agent or adviser they have all the details for VISA , And you can also search onto net with good sites..i think travel agent sites can give you all details about your query

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: Visa Requirements Lesotho

by mehulraj Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM

LESOTHO VISA REQUIREMENTS:
    If your country does not appear on the list below, you require only a valid passport to cross into
    Lesotho. If your country does appear on this list, you require a visa. Visas may be obtained either from
    a Lesotho Embassy or via one of the various visa agencies which operate in most countries around the
    world and who will get you a visa for a fee. See below for details on where to get visas in South Africa.
    The following nationalities require visas for Lesotho:
    Afghanistan Korea Republic (North)
    Albania Kuwait
    Algeria Laos
    American Samoa Lebanon
    Angola Liberia
    Antigua Libya
    Argentina Luxembourg
    Bahrain Macao
    Bahamas Mali
    Bangladesh Mauritania
    Bolivia Mexico
    Brazil Mongolia
    Benin Morocco
    Belize Mozambique
    Bulgaria Nepal
    Burkina Faso Nigeria
    Burundi Oman
    Chad Pakistan
    Chile Panama
    China Peru
    Colombia Phillipines
    Congo Poland
    Cook Islands Puerto Rico
    Costa Rica Romania
    Cuba Russia
    Czech Republic Rwanda
    Djibouti Sao Tome and Principe
    Ecuador Slovak Republic
    Egypt Slovenia
    El Salvador Saudi Arabia
    Estonia Senegal
    Ethiopia Sri Lanka
    Sudan
    Ghana Suriname
    Gilbert Islands Syria
    Guadeloupe Turkey
    Guam Tunisia
    Guatemala Ukraine
    Honduras United Arab Emirates
    Hungary Uruguay
    India Venezuela
    Indonesia Vietnam
    Iran Yemen
    Iraq
    Ivory Coast
    Jorda

VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR NON US CITIZENS

Lesotho Tourist Visa
    A valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
    One visa application form, fully completed and signed
    2-passport type photographs
    A copy of the Green Card or a valid visa back to the U.S.
    Proof of sufficient funds
    Onward/Return ticket or confirmed itinerary
    ETS Order form Click Here
    Lesotho Business Visa
    A valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
    One visa application form, fully completed and signed
    2-passport type photographs
    A copy of the Green Card or a valid visa back to the U.S.
    A letter from the company in the U.S. stating the purpose and duration of the trip
    A letter of invitation from the host company in Lesotho
    Proof of sufficient funds
    Onward/Return ticket or confirmed itinerary
    Other Information
    Please call ETS for latest updates and questions.

Please note: The embassy/consulate may request additional paperwork as deemed necessary
    Online Forms
    Application form - Click Here
    Processing Instructions
    Please forward the completed requirements as detailed above to:

Express Travel Services
    5945 Pacific Center Blvd, Suite 510
    San Diego, CA 92121
    Toll Free: 1-866-376-1125
    Fax Number: 1-858-225-0786
    Email: info@etsonweb.com

Your application will be sent in to the Embassy.
    Fees for Express Travel Services50.00 - Per visa/non-rush75.00 - Rush150 - Expedite
    Consular Fees30.00 Single entry

These fees are subject to change at any time by the Embassy.
    Return Postage14 Courier Service 2nd Business Day20 Courier Service (Priority Overnight)40 Courier Service (Saturday Delivery)55.00 Courier service (First Overnight)

We use only Fedex services

The Embassy of Lesotho
    2511 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20008
    (202)-797-5533
    http://www.lesothoemb-usa.gov.ls

I HOPE ITS LIL HELP TO U.

• mehulraj's Profile Photo

by mehulraj Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Visa and Immigration Requirements for Lesotho

Lesotho is an independent state and thus passports are needed to enter. Holders of the following passports do not require visas for Lesotho: South Africa. Zimbabwe. Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland, United Kingdom. Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland. The Netherlands. Canada, Israel and Japan. Others such as Australia, New Zealand. U.S.A., Belgium and Austria do need visas. Any other passport holders should phone Immigration in Maseru on Tel: 317339 or fax 310409.

If you do need a visa, get it in advance from a Lesotho embassy. The only one in Southern Africa is in Pretoria at 343 Pretorius St. (in the Momentum Centre), Tel (012) 3226090 Fax 3220376. To get a visa here takes 24 hours, costs R40 and you'll need one passport photo. The visa section at the embassy is open from 9 - 12, Monday to Friday. You can also send your passport in by registered mail, but will need first to have them fax or send you the requisite forms.

If you wish to extend your stay beyond the date written in your passport, this can be done at the Immigration office in Maseru. You can also try at various border posts. Note that many of the smaller border crossings are
    only open between 8am and 4pm.Two border crossings are totally unmanned on the Lesotho side, those at Ongeluksnek and Sehiabathebe/Bushman's Nek. If you enter at either of these, you are required to present yourself at the nearest Immigration office (Qachas Nek or Quthing) to complete formalities.

As this information is subject to change, visitors should check the latest information with the nearest Lesotho diplomatic mission. Visitors returning to South Africa, and who require visas for South Africa, should ensure that they are in possession of a South African multiple entry.

For Further Information Contact
    Lesotho - Ministry of Tourism
    P.O. Box 52
    Maseru 100, Lesotho
    Tel: (09-266) 313034
    Fax: (09-266) 310194
    Telex: 4280 LO

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Hi
    Yes, you will need a visa if you travel on a Philippine passport - see this website below (FYI, the Sani Lodge is a hotel at the top of the Sani Pass that links eastern Lesotho to South Africa, so they get quite a lot of international tuourists):
    sanilodge.co.za/sanilodgepdf...
    I would imagine that Johannesburg would be your point of entry to Southern Africa and would therefore be the most logical place to pick up your visa if your don't have an Embassy close to where you live. This summary states that the Lesotho Consulate in Johannesburg takes 2-3 days to issue the visa. However, I would strongly recommend that you call the Consulate to discuss the specifics of your situation and confirm time lines as it's dangerous to rely solely on information from the Internet and travel fora such as these, especially in the developing world, where things may change from time to time without notice.
    However, as you are going to be there for some time (you mention 2 months in both your postings on Lesotho and Swaziland - it's not clear whether this in total or in each country?), you should enquire as to whether you need a business visa rather than a tourist visa. I'm not sure whether Lesotho makes any distinction, as when I've worked there, I've only visited for a few days at a time as a tourist. However, if there is a distinction, you might have trouble justifying a tourist visa for 2 months as Lesotho is a very small (if pleasant) place, and most tourists wouldn't find enough to keep them occupied for that length of time!
    Regards
    Cathy

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:50 PM

From the TIM (the IATA Travel Information Manual):

/ 08JUL11 / 0744 UTC

National Philippines (PH) /Embarkation South Africa (ZA)
    Destination Lesotho (LS)

Lesotho (LS)

Passport required.
    - Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
    on arrival.

Visa required.

Additional Information:

- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to
    cover their stay and documents required for their next
    destination.

Warning:
    - Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Hi
    I think that the conflicting information posted above (where three different sources have given three different sets of inconsistent information) confirms the danger of relying just on Internet sources, and just endorses your need to contact an Embassy or Consulate to get clarity.
    Regards
    Cathy

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Mr. mehulraj has a history of giving incorrect and incomplete information regarding travel requirements and airline schedules and connections.

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Yes Noel, whilst I understand - and applaud - the desire of VTers to be helpful in travel fora, I do think that it's more reliable to trust the guidance of people from that region and/or those who have travelled there if possible.
    Greetings from a freezing Johannesburg - fortunately we recently had an 'adults only' long weekend in Kenya to celebrate our 10th anniversary (since my husband was doing some work up there), but the benefit of all that warmth has long since worn off!
    Regards
    Cathy

by themask Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Thanks Catherine for the very helpful information. Also, is there any health certification required when entering the country? I read some info from US govt website that it need one ( yellow fever vaccine, HIV check, etc etc. Is this the case?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Hi
    I've certianly never been asked for it, and very much doubt the border guards would enforce it.
    I would have a yellow fever jab anyway if you're going to travel regularly in the deveoping world so that you have the certificate to hand - it is valid for 10 years, so is well worth it to avoid border hassles.
    Regards
    Cathy

by jenofer Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM

hi just wanna knw how and where i can apply for lesotho. m keeping keen intrest to visit lesotho. tried a lot to search for it bt cudnt find it. answer wl be highly appreciated. help guys thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations