Lesotho Travel Answers

change location
nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Loop JNB - Lesotho - Swaziland possible with bus?

by nikoskaps Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Hi there, I plan a trip to Lesotho and Swaziland ex Johannesburg in September.
Do you think it is possible to move between these countries by public transport? Planing to do the loop in a period of 10 - 12 days for the main sights, perhaps with backtracking to JNB if necessary.
thanks
Nikos

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Loop JNB - Lesotho - Swaziland possible with bus?

by Gili_S Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Even if its possible by public transport it will be tight schedule, I have been driving to those places with rental car and the drives are long so I can imagine doing it by public transport will be basically very difficult or unpractical, it will wasted lots of time waiting for connections and so your time will fly away. I am not sure if you realize, but South Africa land area is much larger for example from Germany, it is actually about 3 and a half times the size of Germany.
    Earlier you asked about Kruger and Swaziland and this sound to be more reasonable plan, in Kruger alone you can spend a week if you love animals and nature. This region is not like Europe and obviously you are not into it for city sightseeing, so the way of travelling is total different.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Re: Loop JNB - Lesotho - Swaziland possible with bus?

by nikoskaps Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Gili-s, thanks for your answer,
    I undestand that distances are really big for the whole country of south africa -where I've been before. This time I'll confine myself only to the 2 small kingdoms!
    I guess it will be hard to complete the loop including the full sightseeing, but that's all the time I've got.
    Swaziland seems easier to reach from JNB (and Durban but I don't want to go that far if not really needed). Lesotho is more complicated.
    if anybody has any idea how to get there without returning to Jnb, it would be great!
    thanks
    N.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations