Lesotho Travel Answers

change location

Lesotho

by bangkokjim Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM

I wish to travel to Lesotho via Durban by bus or other public transportation.
I have a USA passport.. Do I need to apply in advance for a Lesotho tourist visa or will I be able to get it at the border crossing like I can get for South Africa? If I have to order in advance how much does the tourist visa normally cost?
Also, I would love to get some good advice on transport from Durban to Sani Pass or other places in E. Lesotho- How is the easiest way to go there?

thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Re: Lesotho

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 6:01 AM

Mate, you can get a tourist visa at the border post, which is what we did when we went on a ski trip. We came via the Free State, so not too sure about the route from Natal.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Lesotho

by Gili_S Online Now Nov 28, 2008 at 6:49 AM

You should check what is the policy for US passport, but I believed you can get the visa in the border as I did, it does not cost anything.
    I actually I just did that trip myself last summer from Durban to Sani Pass, you must have a 4WD for that, I saw some group trips across the pass but I am not sure are those public transport or tours, in any case, that area is fantastic and I am recommending very much to spend some time in the Drakensberg mountains, it is one of my favourite places in the world.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations