Lesotho Travel Answers

change location
ginirover's Profile Photo

Hotels in Lesotho

by ginirover Online Now May 9, 2004 at 4:45 AM

Hi ! We'll be travelling in South Africa next October and will also visit Lesotho for a day or two. Has any of you any recommandation to make about a hoel whe should stay in while being in Lesotho. We're thinking of staying in Maseru as it's the capital of the country, but any other place with a good accodation in that neighbourhood will also be fine... Looking forward to your tips ! Ginirover - Belgium

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Lesotho

by AndreSTGT Online Now May 9, 2004 at 4:53 AM

Don't stay in Maseru, it's the least attractive place in an otherwise breathtakingly beautiful country. The nicest place i've stayed at was the Malealea Lodge, roughly one hour south of the capital in gorgeous mountain scenery. You can visit some waterfalls in the vicinity, go hiking, or pony trekking, there's plenty of opportunities

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dirk64's Profile Photo

RE: Hotels in Lesotho

by Dirk64 Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Hi Gini,

I think I have the same problem. I have to go to Maseru for business, and I have no idea where to stay.

But I am sure I will find out, and when I come back, I will let you know.

Best regards from Germany

Dirk

• ginirover's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hotels in Lesotho

by ginirover Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 6:58 AM

Hi Dirk !

Our 'problem' is already solved as we were in Lesotho in the meantime.
    We went to the tourist office in Lesotho where very, very friendly people helped us out and gave us all the info we wanted on staying there. The 'sad thing' was that at that moment we already had booked accomodation in Ladybrand, just across the border from Lesotho but in South Africa. The place we stayed was absolutely great, but now that we know that the tourist office in Lesotho has that much info, we won't book anything anymore next time and just go for it.

By the way, we looooooved Lesotho and will go back !

Enjoy your stay there !

Greetz
    Ginirover

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations