Lesotho Travel Answers

change location
TigerLiisa's Profile Photo

tips?

by TigerLiisa Online Now Jul 7, 2003 at 12:16 PM

Hey everyone! I'm travelling to Lesotho in September and I was hoping to get some good tips on where to go and what to see. I'm planning to go pony trekking somewhere in the middle of the country and maybe stay a day or two in Maseru. Anyone been there?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • markbrynn's Profile Photo

Re: tips?

by markbrynn Online Now Jul 18, 2003 at 3:49 AM

Yes, was there in summer of 2000. Fantastic place. I was only really in one place. I drove from Bloemfontein (South Africa) directly to Malealea (passing quickly by Maseru). There is a 'resort' there that is very relaxed and friendly. It is run by some long time residents (I believe they are from Lesotho, though they are white). You can plan a pony trek from there as they work closely with some local guides. The accomodation is great, in little huts. Quite luxurious in a very relaxed way. You can also camp I believe. My girlfriend was a tour guide so we stayed cheap in the nice huts, so not sure on prices. Let me know if you have any more questions. -Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nativezulu's Profile Photo

Night Life Tips

by nativezulu Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Am going to Maseru for The Week-end ,Can anyone advise which clubs /bars to Galavant.was gonna do the Brothels but the HIV Rate scares me.

• RE: tips?

by hi_ke_utloisisa Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 4:31 AM

skip Maseru - nothing there - I'd opt for Semonkong (www.placeofsmoke.co.ls) over Malealea - or do both.

If you do need to stay a night in Maseru stay in Ladybrand instead (15km away) - Cranberry Cottage is very nice place to stay - great food as well. Impero Robertos is also an excellent italian restaurant by any standards. Go to Cheaters for nightlife (opposite Spar).

If you do find yourself in Maseru at night the Good Times Cafe is the only nightspot - though it may be empty on weeknights. The Regal Restuarant (in the Basotho Hat complex) does some excellent curries and is the only place in Maseru worth eating in, although a steak at Lancers in isn't bad. If you are on a budget and in Maseru during the day buy a 'white box' of fried chicken and rice off the street for around M12 - a very tasty and filling lunch.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Lesotho Travel Answer Locations