Lerwick

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trip to isle of skye

Isle of Skye Apr 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I am from Mumbai and visiting London in May. I am planning a trip to Isle of sky from 23-25th May (leave 22nd night and reach back London by 25th evening), so can someone suggest how i should travel to isle of sky and what i can do in the limited time? (Budget constrains, so please advise a trip where expenditure would be moderate)

more
    • vancouvergal85's Profile Photo

Road Trip Around Scotland

Scotland Apr 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

Currently I am planning a road trip throughout Scotland. I have planned my basic itinerary but I was hoping for some input to see if it is doable and/or if any adjustments should be made. My dates are from August 22 - September 12. So far I have the following planned:

2 nights in Edinburgh for the festival (accommodations already booked)
      2 nights in Loch Lomond area
      3 nights in Oban
      3 nights on the Isle of Skye
      2 nights on the Isle of Harris and Lewis
      3 nights on the Orkney Islands
      2 nights in Inverness
      2 nights in Aviemore
      1 night in St. Andrews
      1 night in Edinburgh for an early morning flight

I am planning to rent a car on the way out of Edinburgh on August 24. I will be by myself (therefore doing all the driving) so I'm wondering if this route is doable or too ambitious? Have I left out any highlights/must stops?

Any recommendations on "must sees" along this route?

Much thanks in advance! :)

more
    • One week in Aberfeldy - suggestions

Aberfeldy Apr 11, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Hello, We have 7 days in Aberfeldy, have a car, would appreciate suggestions on what to do and where to go. We are walkers (easy-moderate) not hikers,not interested in shopping, would like to discover more about the real Scotland - we live in Australia. Would it be possible to do day trips to one of the islands eg.Mull and maybe Falkirk Wheel. Loch Katrine looks accessible. Any suggested walks in any area up to 10-15kms would be appreciated. Have done some research but TOO MANY TOO CHOOSE FROM so suggestions would be great. Thanks

more

Near Lerwick

• rainerfrank's Profile Photo

50cc-motorbike to hire

by rainerfrank Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM

by rainerfrank

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      With cordial greetings from Carinthia / Austria,
      Rainer

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • Jarlshof ruins

by rasybanks Online Now May 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM

We will be in Lerwick for one day with a cruise ship. We would like to visit the ruins but at the moment the tours are book.
      Is there a local tour company that we can contact to give us a tour of these ruins? And if so what is the timing and cost?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM
    • Arriving by Cruise ship beginning of September, 2011

by clinda Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Hi, I am hoping that you will be able to help me plan our day in Lerwick. Is there enough to do in the town to spend the whole day? Are there van tours that a group of 3 could pick up in town? Is it a distance from the cruise pier to town? I have difficulty walking distances, so I would like to know. Any particular sights not to miss? What about shopping? I like to buy items that represent the culture and the country I am visiting, especially Christmas ornaments and decorations - any suggestions? What should we expect the weather to be like at the beginning of September? I am sure there are other questions I would like to ask, so I might log in at a later date. Thank-you for taking the time to answer my questions. LC

7 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    • MILES

by SCOTTMCKAY Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 5:22 AM

HOW MANY MILES FROM LERWICK SHETLAND TO KILMARNOCK

2 Answers Jun 26, 2003 at 6:00 AM