Leipzig

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Eating alone and staying at Steigenberger

by gymflip17 Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Good evening - I am dining alone this evening and was wondering if there is any place I should make a point of eating/enjoying a good German beer at other than my hotel restaurant options. I would like to keep it nearby as I'm not familiar with the area and on the cheap as I am in Germany for a week. Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
      Jessica

more
    • Eating alone and staying at Steigenberger

by gymflip17 Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Good evening - I am dining alone this evening and was wondering if there is any place I should make a point of eating/enjoying a good German beer at other than my hotel restaurant options. I would like to keep it nearby as I'm not familiar with the area and on the cheap as I am in Germany for a week. Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
      Jessica

1 Answer Dec 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • daankuipers's Profile Photo

Roadtrip: Gräfenhainichen (Ferropolis) -> Leipzig, looking for special places

by daankuipers Online Now May 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hi Leipzig-lovers,

I'm a producer for the Dutch travel show 3 op Reis and I'm looking for a crazy/cool/bizarre/special/wonderful restaurant/club/shop/sight/etc. just outside of Leipzig.

The crew and our presenter will drive from Gräfenhainichen (Ferropolis) to Leipzig, and we're looking for a place where we can shoot some cool footage for our show. Some unseen stuff, something that's worth showing our viewers.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Best,
      Daan

4 Answers May 14, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Is the transport systerm in Leipzig 24 hours?

by MermaidMaria Online Now May 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM

I plan to stay at Leipzig for 6 days. Is the transport system 24 hours? Or should I be Cinderella that I have to worry when the clock strikes 12mn? An answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer May 12, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • daankuipers's Profile Photo

Hidden Leipzig

by daankuipers Online Now May 6, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Hi,

I work for a Dutch travel show, and very soon we'll be visiting Leipzig. I am looking for the hidden treasures that Leipzig has to offer. In every category: nightlife, art/culture, one of a kind restaurants/bars, parks.

I am also looking for fun stuff to do in the Leipzig Area. So outside the city. We'll drive from Leipzig to Gräfenhainichen. So anything cool we can do around that area..

Best,
      Daan

3 Answers May 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • Destination

by Brenda68 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Does a train go from Leipzig to the Black Forest?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • Gritzsch train?

by BRODEJ1 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 4:34 AM

can i get a train from Leipzig to Groitzsch? tnx

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    • a hip (and not expensive) lunch in Leipzig

by UraLa Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Dear travelers :)

Im visiting Leipzig on the 27th this month with my friend. We will be there from 6 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon.
      Do you know of a nice place to eat breakfast and lunch? Something that we cant find in the usual guides. ... We want to get a glimpse of the new Leipzig..

Thanks!
      Laura

• rmframbs's Profile Photo

Leipzig areas to live

by rmframbs Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Good day
      We are from South Africa and might move to Leipzig. Which areas in and around Leipzig are safe and best to live in? Any areas between Heuckewalde and Leipzig please...... :) And which website/s can I use to search for property?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • how much for taking a taxi?

by estheryuws Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM

If take a taxi from central station to Leipziger Messe International GmbH, how much will cost?

5 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • Piggy73's Profile Photo

On Street Parking: Johannisalle area

by Piggy73 Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if there is any free on street parking near "Johannisallee" as we are planning to visit a friend in that area. I just want to be prepared for our visit as it is our 1st time in the city with a car. I also don't mind a bit of walk if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P & J

2 Answers May 1, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    • Poroshin's Profile Photo

Compare local tran or taxi ?

by Poroshin Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Hi everybody !

Who can compare the cost of arriving from center of Leipzig by usual local train (for 2 persons) and taxi?

In the site DB such information is absent - "fares not available". I need to know average values..:-)

Thank you in advance..

13 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • papito1981's Profile Photo

Place in Leipzig where to stay

by papito1981 Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Leipzig from 19–21 March 2013 for an international Conference of medical research at the University in Universitätsstraße n.1: does anybody have some good Hotel or B&B or any good place to suggest (not too expensive)?

thanks,
      Marco

3 Answers Jan 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

trams and busses

by Kristina1701 Online Now Sep 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hello,

does anyone know until about what time trams and busses run in Leipzig? (during the week and on weekends) Is it safe to use public transport at night?

Many thanks in advance,

Kristina

3 Answers Sep 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    • kElisa's Profile Photo

Affordable gym with free weights in Leipzig

by kElisa Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking for a cheap, simple gym from Leipzig. I'm here only for a month, so would be great to get a one month- or 10-time pass. I've found only these high end super modern places..I like simple ones and yea, my budget is also quite modest. All suggestion are very welcome! :)
      Thanks,
      Elisa

1 Answer Feb 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    • Train Station Luggage Store

by LJTLoz Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a place to store luggage in the station for upto 48 hours?
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • leipzig to dresden

by celtic10 Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi
      Can anyone tell me the cheapest or best way to get from leipzig to dresden. Also suggestions on what to do there, I am from Australia

I am looking at heading there tomorrow.
      Cheers

4 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    • Vasano Suites aka Abito Suites: Anyone Familiar With?

by flyer1955 Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Does anyone have any information or feedback re: Vasano Suites (recently renamed Abito Suites)? The property sounds ideal for someone like myself who values a large comfortable room over excessive amounts of service. That said, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is... Thanks!!!

1 Answer Mar 29, 2011 at 6:55 AM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

ON/OFF BUS IN LEIPZIG

by Camellia36 Online Now Feb 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Many thanks everyone for your advice, I did miss the timetable but wil return to the site and check again.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

ON/OFF BUS IN LEIPZIG

by Camellia36 Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I'm interested in this bus as I could have a couple of hours to spend in Leipzig en route to Dresden. Found the bus on the net but no route or times, anyone done it and is it worthwhile.
      Cheers

8 Answers Feb 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    • HOW TO GET TO LEIPZIG FROM FRANKFURT AIRPORT BY TRAIN

by medugu Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Hello, how can i get a train or cheapest means of transport from frankfurt airport to leipzig. i will be coming from dubai this month. Thank you

5 Answers Jun 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    • Fastest route from Leipzig to Dresden

by mesa177 Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Hi, could someone please help me find the shortest and fastest way to travel from Leipzig to Dresden, preferably early in the morning (about 6 am) using a bus or train only? Thank in advance for your help :)

4 Answers Mar 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    • Staying in lepzig

by zeller321 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 11:27 AM

just wondering where i can me locals to party with i am 29 male. looking for good pubs and clubs. I have never been there before and want to have the best time there.

1 Answer Feb 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    • Luggage Storage

by weitihcheng4 Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Are there luggage storage facilities in the Leipzig station? I would like to store my luggage (one mid-size suitcase) for a few hours so I can tour the city before boarding the next train to Dresden.
      Thank you for your assistance!
      Sincerely,
      Weitihcheng4

3 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    • PentaHotel Leipzig

by flyer1955 Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I was wondering if anyone has seen or stayed at the recently re-done Leipzig PentaHotel? I'm going to be in Leipzig for a couple of days in early December. I'm booked into the Radisson Blu Hotel, in part due to its excellent location directly across from the concert hall. That said, I stumbled on the Pentahotel's website earlier this evening and it looked interested-- almost too good to be true. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    • carolnyc's Profile Photo

Local transportation from Airport

by carolnyc Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Hi! I will be flying directly to Leipzig Airport and was wondering if someone could please give me the cheapest option using public transit to Teubner Strasse near the tramline. Thank you in advance! Will be arriving

1 Answer Sep 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    • Trains from Leipzig to Weimar

by Shadowchig Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hi - Anyone know the train journey details for travelling from Leipzig to Weimar (to visit Buchenwald Concentration Camp)? Many thanks.

1 Answer Aug 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    • Travel to Leipzig

by mummys23 Online Now Aug 1, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Hi,
      We need to travel to Leipzig in late September because my daughter is studying there. We will have to take far more luggage than we can get on the plane so are thinking of going by train or coach or ferry - or a combination of these where we can take enough luggage for her to live there. Does anyone haqve a better idea? Can anyone help with a sensible route that is not going to cost the earth?
      Thanks

13 Answers Aug 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    • Train in Leipzig

by rianda Online Now May 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

My husband and I will travelling by train in Germany in September and before I make some seat reservations I need some advice.
      We are travelling from Berlin to Frankfurt and were planning on leaving on the 6.52am train from Berlin HBF arriving in Frankfurt at Frankfurt Main at 11.35. This train has a 6 minute stop and change of train at Leipzig. Can anyone tell me if this also means a change of platforms or would it be safer to take an earlier train which goes direct to Frankfurt or the next one which goes via Hanover. We will have 2 pieces of luggage with us and we speak no German. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

5 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

berlin-leipzig by train?

by mindcrime Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 11:23 AM

1)what options do I have to go from Berlin to Leipzig? train? bus?

2)I want to take the train in the morning and return to Berlin the morning after.
      how much is a return ticket?

3)do I have to book in advance?

thanx in advance!
      konstantinos

• warrug's Profile Photo

Antique and flea market

by warrug Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Hi, i know that there is a huge antique market once a month in Leipzig.
      Its the one for the pros.
      Can someone tell me the dates and the times to get there for the best bargains?
      thank you