Leiden

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bike hire in Leiden

by Bikeknights Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Few days in Leiden

by geoffhongkong Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the train ticket info

I will be arriving Leaden from Rotterdam about 10 am ( by train) in morning 16 April and booked in to hotel (3 nights)..I intend to buy the combi ticket to Keukenhof...for the first day( 16 April) day..return to Leiden

For the next day If I want to see the flower feilds do you think I should return to Keukenhof and rent a bike and ride around there ( I need a tanden or a three wheeler for my partner to ride) or should I have bus rides from Leiden.that run through the country side(flower fields) to somewhere nice that rents bikes(if so any suggestion for the second day)
      On the 3rd day I was thinking

43 bus to Den Haag Central
      The tram to to Madurodam ( model village)
      tram return to Den haag central Metro to Zuidplein Rotterdam
      90 bus to The Mills of Kinderdijk
      90 bus return rotterdam Then maybe.return Leiden via Gouda

I will be going to Amsterdam hotel for 2 nights on 19 April in the evening

Any ideas /comments wuld be most appreciated

Geoff ....Hong Kong

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • buy rail tickets with credit card netherlands ?

by geoffhongkong Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

can purchase rail tickets in the netherlands at the ticket machines using a credit card(visa or master)..I cannot find this uptodate answer anywhere

Thank you Geoff (Hong Kong)

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • ACER LAPTOP MAINS POWERADAPTOR

by Gerrycol Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM

where to buy an Acer laptop power pack in Leiden please

2 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • Buying cheap or second hand electronics?

by Koshan Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Hi I am looking to buy a cheap or second hand camera in Leiden. Is there a shop that houses used or second hand products?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Tour to Paris

by Matmarlen Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM

We want to know Paris for 2 days with Hotel and transport guide, two peoples from Leiden-Paris-Leiden, if is possible in Spanish taal, I need information about this, thanks

Marlen

6 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • transportation

by esterpester Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I will be in Willemstad on the 4th of June for the day.My sister will be in Leiden and would like to meet me in Willemstad for a few hours. How would she get from Leiden to Willemstad either by bus or train and how long would it take.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Cheaper transport laiden - Eindhoven ???

by galinaharalambova Online Now Oct 16, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hello everybody ! Please help me - Me and my boyfriend will go on vacation in Netherlands for Christmas. Our friends are from Leiden. My question is : how we can get from Eindhoven Airport to Leiden and return? How will our easiest and cheapest way whit bus or train?The taxes a very expencive to us, we are from Bulgaria. Please help!

7 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Room rental / appartment sharing July to 8. August 09 wanted

by Maykoopman Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM

HI. I am planning to study Dutch in Leiden from July 2 to August 8, 2009 in Leiden.
      Is anyone interested in renting a room or share appartment? (please only quiet, smokefree and petfree places due to allergy). Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    • Visiting Leiden

by dasantek Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Can anybody recommend a hotel in Leiden with a great view?

4 Answers Jun 3, 2011 at 1:46 AM
    • Webster University

by greend Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM

How far is Webster University from from the central station? How do I get from Amersterdam to Leiden?

8 Answers Apr 10, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    • Traveling from Leiden to Amsterdam and to Delft questions

by jodikats Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I am bringing 13 university students from the US to Leiden next week. We need to travel from Leiden to Amsterdam and also from Leiden to Delft. Is there a train pass or other way to buy a pass to board the train from Leiden to these destinations on three separate days. Or, do I buy round trip tickets for each day of travel? We are looking for the most inexpensive way to do our traveling from the Leiden University where we are staying. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM
    • Train Travel between Amsterdam and Leiden

by tmg1 Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I will be visiting Holland (the Netherlands) for two days. I will arrive by train into Amsterdam's Central Station on a Wednesday morning around 10am but I will be staying in Leiden. Judging by information that I gathered from the Internet, it appears as if it takes about 45 minutes to travel between the two cities (one-way). I want to maximize my time in both cities. So, upon my arrival in Amsterdam, I was thinking to take a train directly to Leiden and tour there all day Wednesday and then take a train back into Amsterdam the following morning and tour there all day Thursday. My first question is, once I arrive at the Amsterdam Central Station, which train will I catch to take me to Leiden? And which train do I catch to take me back to Amsterdam the following day? Additionally, I need some sightseeing tips. Aside from the Anne Frank Museum, I don't know of any popular tourist spots in Amsterdam that I'd like to visit. Can someone please provide me with suggestions of sights to see in both Amsterdam and Leiden? Thank you in advance for your help.

11 Answers Nov 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    • evelis's Profile Photo

Living in Leiden

by evelis Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 3:09 AM

Hi!

Im coming to Leiden this September to study at Leiden University. Did you find hard to find an accomondation and part time job? Im from Czech Rep. - EU member state, but I have no idea how it works with working visas etc.

Any help or advice would be great.
      Thank you!

Eva

4 Answers Aug 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    • Is a daytrip visit by sea from London feasible?

by oldfox33 Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 4:57 AM

We are visiting London for very few days next week to see Kylie and I would like to pop over to Leiden by boat to see the Pilgrim/Mayflower relevant attractions and to have lunch with a friend there.

Is it feasible and possible to take a day trip by boat or boat-train in the AM and return to London in the PM? Which carrier would do this?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Terry Seale
      Minneapolis MN
      oldfox@gmail.com

2 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 2:41 PM
    • What is the best way to get from the airport to Leiden?

by arleneschander Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM

We plan to go from the airport to Leiden, from Leiden to Keukenhof and back, to Haarlem and back, and on the third day back to the airport. We would also like to go to Madurodam at some point, maybe on the way to the airport, if it works out--or we can take a side trip from Leiden. Would you recommend the bus or the train? Can you get a book of tickets cheaper than buying them one at a time?

Thank you, Arlene Schander

3 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 9:32 AM
    • looking for a herb market/store

by gaargi Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Does anyone know of one? Please help me with the adress on one either there or nearby (Hague/Delft/Rotterdam)

2 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM
    • TheVague's Profile Photo

A night in Leiden

by TheVague Online Now Jan 15, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Hi!
      I will spend the night of next Feb 14th in Leiden and would like to get some tips about good bars or clubs where to go for some drinks, eventually dance and eventually meet new people :-)
      Thanks in advance!
      PS I am straight

2 Answers Jan 15, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    • Transport and Housing in Leiden

by cnheise- Online Now Aug 8, 2007 at 6:26 AM

My daughter just graduated from college and as her graduation gift I promised her a trip to Europe. Her boyfriend will be attending Leiden University through an international law program offered by his law school and she will be living with him in Leiden. They are traveling from Hawaii via London Gatwick. This is my daughter's first trip to Europe and while I thought it was going to be 4-6 weeks, it will be 4 months. Needless to say, they will have to travel and live economically for that length of stay.

They need help finding direct and economical transport from London Gatwick to Amsterdam as well as a place to live near the university for the fall semester (September 1 - December 31).

1. Should they catch the train or fly? (British Airways offers flights for about150 -175 one way). Is there train service from Gatwick Airport into Amsterdam and Leiden?

2. Assuming they fly into Amsterdam, does the Leiden train system provide service from the international airport in Amsterdam into Leiden? At what cost?

3. They have tried for months to find a suitable apartment within walking distance or easy bicyling to the University. They found one apartment through a housing agency, but unfortunately were not advised that the apartment was 3 miles outside of the center. They canceled and lost their500 deposit. I'm hoping this forum can offer them some guidance to put them on track to get them safely and quickly to Leiden, as well as helping them find practical living quarters. Their combined budget for housing is1,000 -1,200 US per month.

Mahalo (thank you!)

Worried mother in Hawaii

5 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 2:01 PM
    • Leiderdorp to Leiden

by DrBubakles Online Now May 2, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Hello everyone,
      I'm moving to Leiden in June and would like to know how long it would take to travel from Leiderdorp to Leiden Central Station? Grateful for any info.
      Dr Bubakles

1 Answer May 3, 2007 at 12:33 AM
    • baggage storage at the train station?

by sawch001 Online Now Apr 21, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Is there a place to store baggage at the Leiden Train Station for about 5 days? What is the cost per piece if there is?

Many thanks,

sawch001

1 Answer Apr 22, 2007 at 11:29 AM
    • touraco's Profile Photo

Noordwijk to Leiden

by touraco Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Anyone know how long does it takes from the Oranje Hotel in Noordwijk to the holiday inn in leiden?

Is it easy to catch a cab from leiden train station to the hotel?

6 Answers Apr 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM
    • ....from amsterdam

by moving2milan Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 11:37 AM

how long a drive would it take to get from amsterdam(city cener) to leiden??

is there and age requirement to rent a car in the netherlands??

6 Answers Dec 8, 2006 at 4:41 PM
    • mia76's Profile Photo

Is there a dance floor here?

by mia76 Online Now Sep 21, 2006 at 5:16 AM

Can you dance?

Thanks

-Mia

2 Answers Nov 9, 2006 at 2:49 AM
    • garridogal's Profile Photo

Leiden Spas

by garridogal Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Hi. I'm hoping to go to Leiden in September, for a wedding. I'm thinking of purchasing a gift certificate for a spa visit/massages for the couple. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Leiden that I could get into contact with and do this?

Thank you!

2 Answers Aug 2, 2006 at 1:01 PM
    • Need A Room from June 30-July 14th

by marcuj Online Now May 30, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Hello,

I am a student and I am going to be at the working at University of leiden for 2 weeks(June 31-July 14th) and I am looking for a room fit for a traveling student (inexpensive) in leiden.
      Please let me know where i can find a room!

Thank you,

Jahan

1 Answer May 31, 2006 at 7:47 AM
    • Ideas for gifts to bring from US to Leiden?

by soscrappy Online Now May 22, 2006 at 7:34 PM

I work/live in Los Angeles County. My work is sending me to our office in Leiden, the Netherlands next week. One of the managers there always brings me chocolates and yummy little treats when he's in California, and I'd like to reciprocate with a similar "token gift" for him and some of his colleagues. I've asked several of my co-workers for ideas and no one has any suggestions (I've only been told NOT to bring chocolate because their's is so much better!) I'd love any suggestions or ideas. I'm not too far from Hollywood and I'm fairly close to Disneyland, if that helps. Obviously it has to be something that I can easily slip in my suitcase.

Thanks for the help!

4 Answers May 24, 2006 at 8:47 PM
    • about leiden

by anniewied Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 11:44 PM

I am a student from Santa Cruz, California, that is considering doing a field study for my major in Leiden. I know absolutely nothing about the area, where it is near, what language is spoken, etc (wow I feel so ignorant). However I am interested in working for the WMDA which is located there. Could someone please let me know a bit about the city and such? Are the people friendly? Would you recommend living there for 6 months? I have never been to Europe at all, but would love to spend my field study in a completely new environment!

I can be emailed at awiedera@ucsc.edu.

Thank you very much,

Annie

2 Answers Feb 14, 2006 at 8:58 AM
    • LoSko's Profile Photo

From Leiden to Gouda

by LoSko Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 2:18 AM

I'm planning to visit Leiden and Gouda in the same day, departing from Den Haag by train. I've noticed that there are no trains that links directly leiden to gouda, so I thought that there might be some buses linking the two cities.
      If you know anything about how to go by public transports, from leiden to gouda (or viceversa), please let me know.

Thank you again

1 Answer Aug 1, 2005 at 3:23 AM
    • vegee's Profile Photo

skiing in netherlands

by vegee Online Now Jun 11, 2005 at 6:46 PM

Hi,
      I'm going to Leiden University this august as postgraduate student.
      i know nothing about europe since i've never been there before, and minim information about netherlands.

i would like to know if i can learn skiing in the netherlands.
      if i could , where is it and how far from leiden?
      is it only for pro or only-one-time-skiing like me can try it, too?

thank you, guys!!

2 Answers Jun 17, 2005 at 1:39 AM