Leiden Travel Answers

change location
Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Room rental / appartment sharing July to 8. August 09 wanted

by Maykoopman Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM

HI. I am planning to study Dutch in Leiden from July 2 to August 8, 2009 in Leiden.
Is anyone interested in renting a room or share appartment? (please only quiet, smokefree and petfree places due to allergy). Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Room rental / appartment sharing July to 8. August 09 wanted

by BubbaTexas Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Sorry that I do not have an answer for you, but only another question. What is this school and can you share a link to it? I have the same interest.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Re: Room rental / appartment sharing July to 8. August 09 wanted

by Maykoopman Online Now Apr 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

it is the university of leiden, languagecenter.leidenuniv.nl,
    utrechtsummerschool.nl, , delftsemethode.nl@tudelft.nl
    these are a few.
    utrecht has the advantage of offering the courses including accomodation but I prefer Leiden, because it has more parks and is greener. Also Utrecht is not bad, in Delft I was personally, i do not like the method there as you have in the morning and afternoon l hr classroom the rest you study (learn by heart ) the text. No help with accomodation, out of town center. in summer crowdy tourist place.
    good luck

• Re: Room rental / appartment sharing July to 8. August 09 wanted

by Maggie.Sikkens Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Hi, It sounds like we have a couple things in common. I have allergies to cats/dogs/birds and I will be learning Dutch at Leiden University in July. Our home is in Oegstgeest which is right next to Leiden. However, we do have a small dog who does Not have fur, she has hair, so there is no worry about allergic reactions. She is an adorable mini golden-doodle who does not shed. How much were you planning to spend on a place?
    Maggie

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines