Leiden Travel Answers

change location

How to reach the Leiden and where to stay

by Mirecko Online Now Aug 1, 2003 at 5:30 AM

Hallo, I´am going to stay from 28. untill 30. august in Leiden, but I don´t know the best and cheapes connection from Amsterdam og The Hague. It is better go by bus or by train. And for this time I need find some romme, or hostel, but I have find, theat there is not any hostel in Leiden. Can somebody help me to find cheap place to stay? Thans a lot. Miroslav

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • markbrynn's Profile Photo

Re: How to reach the Leiden and where to stay

by markbrynn Online Now Aug 1, 2003 at 6:21 AM

I don't know where to stay in Leiden (sorry). But Leiden is extremely easily reachable from both the Hague and Amsterdam by train. If you take a sneltren (express) from Amsterdam in the direction of Rotterdam (or Den Haag) it will stop in Leiden (1st stop in Schipol, the airport, 2nd stop is Leiden). Likewise, if you take the sneltren from the Hague (either CS - central station, or HS - Holland Spoor) in the direction of Amsterdam it will stop in Leiden (1st stop). From Amsterdam I think it's about 1/2 hour, and about 20 minutes from the Hague. Have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How to reach the Leiden and where to stay

by dnwitte Online Now Aug 1, 2003 at 9:19 AM

By the way, to travel between Amsterdam Central station and den Haag Central station you have to change trains in Leiden (same platform but on the other side) otherwise you'll be taken to den Haag Holland spoor, which is sort of on the edge of town.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How to reach the Leiden and where to stay

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 1, 2003 at 9:22 AM

Goto http://www.stayokay.com/index.cfm?lng=2 There are hostels in Den Haag (The Hague) and Noordwijk. PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines