Leh Travel Answers

change location

Query for the trip to Leh

by MashhoodAnwarSuhail Online Now Oct 3, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Hi:
One thing has been lingering in my mind since we have come back from Ladakh (on 25th June, 2007) is, how do people visit Nubra valley, Spiti, Panamik and other such places which require at least an overnight stay? Do they visit these places checking out from their hotels in Leh with all luggage packed and loaded in the car or they leave the luggage in the hotel and come out only with necessary items. In the former case, the car with luggage on its carrier will be quite unstable and would not be wise to drive it on such bad roads until it is a compulsion. While in the latter situation, one has to pay the room rent at two places. I guess there are some other alternatives too. I would like you to share it with me. So that next time when I go there I do not miss any place and enjoy the trip thoroughly and come back to home without any regression. It is not easy to make up mind to visit Ladakh second time with family considering all the aspects.
Thank you
MAS

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • adam_neill's Profile Photo

Re: Query for the trip to Leh

by adam_neill Online Now Dec 12, 2007 at 8:13 AM

There are probably two answers to this.
    1. Don't take too much stuff with you in the first place.

2. Most decent accomodation will allow you to store bags without paying for a room. You may still have to pay a small amount for the service though. I know for certain that the Tourist Hotel in Leh will do this.

Adam

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines