Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Yesterday

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Yesterday

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow 22 hours ago

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • HEATHROW T3

Heathrow Yesterday

I m holding an Indian passport and a valid US M1 Visa .. i am having a 18hrs long layover at London .. DO I need a transit visa to stay inside the airport as well ???? Thanks in advance !!

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • transportation & activities from cruise ship in port at Portland UK

Portland Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Looking for recommendations for activities for 12 hours in port in early May. We have been to Stonehenge. Interested in Portland Museum, scenic views and walks. Is there a car rental agency or taxis to get around?

more
    • September Rugby

England Mar 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM

We'll be in England the last two weeks of September. We would like to watch rugby - are there any websites with schedules? Thank you.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • London to Amsterdam

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi All,

We are leaving London on the 2nd of July to Amsterdam, we are staying at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel - Weteringschans 253, 1017 XJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is Eurostar the best way to book this ?
      Also anyone know how far we will end up when we arrive in Amsterdam from the hotel?

Thanks

more
    • What to do

Twickenham Mar 30, 2014 at 5:56 AM

what to do with 3 children ( 9-15 ) and a dog in Twickenham on April 10th

more
    • local shops

West Kirby Mar 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM

what are the local shops like ? are there any markets ? are there any charity shops etc

more
    • Safety

by RonManager Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Hi all
      I'll be in Leeds (25-28 May) and was wondering which areas are 'dubious' and should be avoided; I tried Googling but without much success!

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 4:40 AM
    • Bars in Leeds

by pfavier Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Can anyone recommend some good bars in Leeds or a street/area where there are bars and late bars please?

6 Answers Jan 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • busra's Profile Photo

Me and 4 friends are travelling to leeds for a day what can we do whislt we are there???

by busra Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM

hi!,
      me and 4 girl friends are planning on going to leeds we are travelling from hull we want to come over to leeds for a change for a day (most probs this is a saturday)i would be happy if any one could reccommend things to do whislt we are over for the day in leeds other than shopping??? we would be shopping but we would pretty much like to do something extra than shopping whilst we are over in leeds.. we will be in leeds till late evening we wont be staying over the night. and we dont drink alchol

>does anyone know any cheap travel from hull to leeds and back??

>restaurants or cafes in leeds??

>anything interesting that we could do in leeds??

> are there any makeup shops in leeds??

can anyone help????!!!
      thanks alott
      regards busra x

4 Answers Jan 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    • Bronte Parsonage

by steveo1010 Online Now May 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a day tour I can get from London that would goto Bronte Parsonage. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Answer May 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    • jacetheace's Profile Photo

Cheap places to stay

by jacetheace Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 3:42 AM

Hi,
      Does the Leeds area have a backpackers hostel? If not, could anybody recommend a budget place to stay.

Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2007 at 2:30 AM
    • harewood house, 36 bus stop in leeds?

by brightangels Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 2:13 PM

i'm guessing its the bus station, how does one get the bus from leeds to harewood house on a weekday?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2007 at 2:57 PM
    • betsy1995's Profile Photo

Residence6 hotel in Leeds UK

by betsy1995 Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Hi we are planning on coming to Leeds,Bradford area for business Sept 16-19. Am looking for some nice lodging in the area,I saw a place called residence 6. What is it like? Do you have any sighseeing reccomendations for the other people in our group to do? We are not sure if we should rent a car(driving sides or road is backward for us) or just use public transportations. Any one have any help or suggestions?? PS we are flying into Manchester arriving Sept.16am thanks for any help. Betsy

2 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 4:31 AM
    • Rufforth car boot

by mistichic1994 Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Is rufforth car boot on EVERY sunday???

7 Answers May 25, 2007 at 9:59 AM
    • Leeds nightlife

by Knoenpie Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 8:21 AM

We're planning a long weekend in Leeds and want to have a good night out. Can anyone tell me a few nightclubs?
      We're into hard trance/hard trance/techno/rave and like to party all night so a place that is open till +-4am would do the trick for us.
      Not to expensive, good atmosphere, good music, and people going out of their mind...

I heard that Evolution, Catecrasher are worth a visit?

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 3, 2007 at 12:48 AM
    • Sarahxxx's Profile Photo

Night out in Leeds

by Sarahxxx Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Live in Plymouth, Comeing to Leeds for weekend, where is the best bars and clubs any suggetions. Thanks Sarah xx

2 Answers Jan 27, 2007 at 3:35 AM
    • Skereton's Profile Photo

Where can I find free WiFi?

by Skereton Online Now Jul 12, 2006 at 4:24 AM

I do not have access to my credit card at the moment, and I need to find a place that has free wifi, or at least an internet cafe or some place where I can pay cash for internet use that I can use my laptop with.

I have been wandering downtown for hours and nobody knows of any internet cafes.

1 Answer Jul 12, 2006 at 8:24 AM
    • usafinn's Profile Photo

Best day trip from Leeds

by usafinn Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 8:36 AM

Hello--I have an extra day in Leeds and am wondering what the best day trip (via rail or bus) is from Leeds? I literally have ALL day. We will have spent time in London already.

Thanks in Advance for your advice!

Anne

5 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 1:08 PM
    • Renting a car from the Leeds Train Station

by LauraStreng Online Now May 8, 2006 at 7:19 AM

We'll be taking the train from London to Leeds and need to rent a car. Are there any options close to the train station? We were told that the airport was the only place to go. Can we get a car at the train station?
      Thanks for the help!
      Laura Streng

3 Answers May 8, 2006 at 8:40 PM
    • TJ Hughs store in Leeds?

by HeleneNorway Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 2:03 PM

I'm off to Leeds this summer and wondering if I can find a TJ Hughs store in Leeds. I've been searching the net, but can't seem to find a homepage or a store locator anywhere. I know there's one in Newcastle, but since I don't have a lot of time, it would be great to visit one in Leeds. Thanx a lot! Helene :)

4 Answers Mar 4, 2006 at 10:51 AM
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Kids weight loss camps

by DunaKal Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 5:25 PM

I was searching the net for the above mentioned,and this is what I found:
      Carnegie Weight Management
      Fairfax Hall, Headingley Campus
      Leeds Metropolitan University

from this site:
      carnegieweightmanagement.com...

Does any one know any iformation about this camp?
      any help will be appreciated.
      marimar_72

9 Answers Feb 10, 2006 at 1:48 AM
    • houso44's Profile Photo

camping

by houso44 Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Are there any camping grounds in Bolton?
      Thanx

3 Answers Jan 21, 2006 at 3:58 PM
    • jacquitabanana's Profile Photo

new years eve

by jacquitabanana Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 2:41 PM

Hey I know I may be early but you all know booking early is important to get the cheap flights. Myself and mates wanna leave Dublin for a change this new years.
      leeds is looking cheap flight wise.
      Anyone tell me where a nice decent area to stay in and hows the night life for new years eve. any tips welcome. thanks you

3 Answers Dec 19, 2006 at 11:13 AM
    • Staying in Leeds

by sezzy1234 Online Now Sep 25, 2005 at 4:02 AM

I am going out in Leeds for my birthday, but haven't been before. So i was wondering if anyone could recommend where to go? We are going to end up at the Majestic, what is the dress code like and how old do you have to be?
      Thanks x

1 Answer Oct 1, 2005 at 5:58 AM
    • Legia's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Leeds

by Legia Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 1:34 AM

I asked you about travel from Gatwick airport to Leeds (thanks for replies!) and now I have few questions about accomodation in this city.
      Im looking for a quite cheap place(hotel,hostel or sth like that) with quite good standard(quite good standard for me: bathroom,tv maybe and clean place). I can't find good hotels via internet and when I find there is nothing about costs !
      Could you tell me sth(mayby good sites) about accomodatnion in Leeds( Do you count everything per week? ), I'll be satisfacted if my weekly payment for hotel will be under 60 pounds per week. Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 23, 2005 at 10:08 AM
    • MosKing's Profile Photo

Stay over night in Leeds airport?

by MosKing Online Now May 12, 2005 at 2:08 PM

I will flight from Leeds airport in the very early morning (07:00 Am),
      but I don't live in Leeds, I am woundering if I can stay in the airport over night?

I had found some posters about sleep in the leeds airport:
      sleepinginairports.net/europ...

But I also got some respones saying that the airport will closed in mid-night.

anybody knows? Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    • Airpunk's Profile Photo

Lockers / Luggage storage

by Airpunk Online Now May 8, 2005 at 2:13 PM

Hi,

I will spend a day in Leeds this summer (from 5 am to 16pm). Could anybody tell me if there are lockers or any other possibilities to leave my bag at the National Express station?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 9, 2005 at 8:06 AM
    • Leeds vs Manchester vs Newcastle vs Edinburgh

by buckrodgers Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 9:28 PM

Hi,

I am a guy from Singapore and moving to Berlin.

But I am having second thoughts because of the language barrier and wondering if I should consider Leeds, Newcastle, or Edinburgh (even Manchester!).

I heard there's quite a bit of drunken violence in Northern England at night, and was curious if I (as a visible foreigner) can expect any trouble?

Any thoughts on the quality of life in these cities would also be appreciated.

5 Answers Dec 22, 2006 at 9:25 AM
    • Jet2

by ramblingrose Online Now Feb 26, 2005 at 9:57 AM

We want to fly from Paris to Leeds in September. Jet2 seems to have the lowest airfare and a reasonable departure time however I have never heard of them before. I am assuming they are a no-frills airline but have they been around for a while and will they still be around in September? Thanks for your comments.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2005 at 9:14 AM
    • car hire

by ramblingrose Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 9:42 PM

Hello, We will be flying into Leeds this September and need to rent a car for three days. We need to drop the car off in Edinburgh. The company I usually use seems a bit high on their quote, possibly because of the short term of the rental, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a local company I could check with. Thanks.

7 Answers Dec 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM
    • Leeds University

by LuvLeigh Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 9:09 PM

Just wanted to know if anybody could share their thoughts on Leeds University (main campus or Bretton). Possibly heading there for Biology studies (from Canada). Curious about what the social life is like in Leeds......General question I know, but ANY info/opinions appreciated!!

3 Answers Nov 4, 2004 at 2:54 PM
    • pam_smiles's Profile Photo

Internet cafe in leeds

by pam_smiles Online Now Jul 10, 2004 at 6:47 AM

Hi there. I have now settled in and got a job in leeds. I just need somewhere where I can chat on MSN. Does anyone know where I can do this in the city center??? Pamela

2 Answers Jul 13, 2004 at 2:00 AM
    • pam_smiles's Profile Photo

Accomodation

by pam_smiles Online Now Jun 24, 2004 at 1:09 PM

Hey there! My name is Pamela (Canadian) and I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am arriving in Leeds on Monday, but my flat is not ready until Thurs. Does anyone have anywhere I can crash for 3 nights??? I need to know by 9pm on friday evening. Thank you pamela_critchlow@yahoo.ca

1 Answer Apr 25, 2007 at 12:31 PM
    • Cheap bed and breakfast leeds

by bigbaz Online Now Mar 28, 2004 at 8:46 AM

where can we stay very cheaply in leeds for my mates stag do this friday? please help, its urgent!

1 Answer Mar 28, 2004 at 9:03 AM
    • A good accomodation

by louismarie Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 2:34 PM

I am a french student and I am going to go in Leeds for 6 month. I would like to find the cheeper accomodation than it's possible. If somebody can help me, thank you to answer me on this email : lduport@hotmail.com thank you very much Louis

5 Answers Mar 9, 2004 at 6:22 AM
    • Poaka's Profile Photo

Leeds to Normanton

by Poaka Online Now Nov 23, 2003 at 1:37 AM

Hi, I am arriving at Leeds Bus and Coach station Dyer st at 20.50 on Sunday 21 December and need to get to Normanton or Wakefield. I understand there is a merto train, does anyone know how to get from the bus to the train station?

5 Answers Jan 28, 2005 at 6:07 AM