Lecco Travel Answers

change location

Boat landing in Lecco

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hello. We are considering taking the boat from Bellagio to Lecco and renting a car from a rental company on Via Ettore Monti, 59/A, 23851 Galbiate-Lecco. I would like to know where the Lecco boat landing is, maybe address, so I can determine how far we need to travel to the car rental company. I'm assuming we would need to take a cab. Is this correct? Are there cabs waiting at the boat landing or would we need to request one? Thank you so for your help! Dana

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • microsensazione's Profile Photo

Re: Boat landing in Lecco

by microsensazione Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Hello!

I have tried to do a test using Google Map with these assumptions:
    - BEGIN is the boat landing in "Lungolario Cesare Battisti" Lecco
    - END is a rental company in "Via Ettore Monti, 59/A, 23851 Galbiate-Lecco"

I don't know your habits so it's difficult to suggest the right choice anyway, with assumptions above, you'll need by feet less than 20 minutes to reach the target (about 1,5 km).
    I should say it is the best choice in terms of time and costs.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Boat landing in Lecco

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Thank you! Your answer was very helpful. The most difficult part of planning my trip in northern Italy with Google maps is that I don't know the names of the train stations or boat landings. There are 6 adults traveling together. In case some do not feel like walking on that day, are taxi's down at the boat landing? Or would we need to call one? Thanks again! Dana

• microsensazione's Profile Photo

Re: Boat landing in Lecco

by microsensazione Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I am not sure about presence of taxis at Lecco boat landing because I landed from boats only in Varenna and Bellagio, but never in Lecco. Anyway I suggest to search some taxis phone numbers.
    Six persons to the car rental?!! If possible, I'd suggest four persons wait at the boat stop and the other two go to the rental car office, keep the car and come back.
    About name of stations you don't know, feel you free to post your questions to VT forums, or contact me by VT mail or contact directly VT people living not so far from stations your are searching for the name: they USUALLY have the most reliable information.

Welcome in my Country!
    Fabrizio

• Re: Boat landing in Lecco

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Thank you. Very good ideas. We love Italy and are very excited about this trip. Thanks again! Dana

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines