Lebanon Travel Answers

change location

What is the city of Lebanon like?

by charna Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 12:58 PM

My husband has spent only a year of his life there, and long ago, but he keeps talking about it. We met in California, but due to several circumstances, are now thinking about relocating to somewhere we can get more house for the money and where life will slow down a little bit. You have 4 seasons, it's humid in the summer, you are small but not tiny. I have horses, love mountains and streams, and will be looking for things to do on horseback. What do you think I'll like about Lebanon? Dislike? What are my employment prospects? (I'm an accountant, insurance agent, bookkeeper/human resources/benefits type). Appreciate all the comments!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • royalempress's Profile Photo

Re: What is the city of Lebanon like?

by royalempress Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 5:25 PM

Are you asking about Lebanon, Oregon?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Re: What is the city of Lebanon like?

by vanderlust Online Now Nov 27, 2004 at 8:47 AM

Lebanon Missouri is the county seat of Laclede county. While life is centered around farming and livestock you will be able to find an industrial base in the area. There are many manufacturing facilities in Lebanon. While positions in that area will generally pay less than other parts of the country you will find cost of living lower there also. With your credentials you will find oppurtunities in the area especially with It's location close enough to Springfield for a commute. The area is ideal for horseback riding and Ozark stream activities. There are many lakes in the area also.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines