Lebanon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Going to Beirut this Weekend

Beirut Apr 22, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Going to Beirut from Thursday to Sunday. Good idea or terrible idea? What should we do to stay safe?

more
    • Any recommended Festivals December 26 - 31?

Beirut Apr 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Planning to travel to Beirut from Dec 26 - 31 and wondering if there are any specific festivals that anyone can recommend?

more
    • American in Lebanon

Lebanon Apr 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I'm looking at an internship in Beirut but I'm concerned about safety. Is it safe for an American woman to travel alone in Lebanon?

more
    • letstravel23's Profile Photo

help.. American traveling to Lebanon?

Lebanon Apr 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

i am wanting to travel this summer to visit a friend in Lebanon. he lives in tripoli. i have read all the warnings and done a lot of research and i feel that it would be completely safe to go...but my parents disagree. how can i make them know that we wont die if we visit Lebanon? i know there is some risks but it is something i have been wanting to do for months.

i don't know how to make them understand it is actually safe. can you help by giving your advice on if it would be safe to visit in august 2014 and any other advice you have. thank you

more
    • Going to Beirut this Weekend

Beirut Apr 22, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Going to Beirut from Thursday to Sunday. Good idea or terrible idea? What should we do to stay safe?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • letstravel23's Profile Photo

help.. American traveling to Lebanon?

Lebanon Apr 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM

i am wanting to travel this summer to visit a friend in Lebanon. he lives in tripoli. i have read all the warnings and done a lot of research and i feel that it would be completely safe to go...but my parents disagree. how can i make them know that we wont die if we visit Lebanon? i know there is some risks but it is something i have been wanting to do for months.

i don't know how to make them understand it is actually safe. can you help by giving your advice on if it would be safe to visit in august 2014 and any other advice you have. thank you

6 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • Any recommended Festivals December 26 - 31?

Beirut Apr 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Planning to travel to Beirut from Dec 26 - 31 and wondering if there are any specific festivals that anyone can recommend?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • American in Lebanon

Lebanon Apr 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I'm looking at an internship in Beirut but I'm concerned about safety. Is it safe for an American woman to travel alone in Lebanon?

4 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • Safe for non Israeli Jews to visit?

Lebanon Mar 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Hi I have always been extremely interested in visiting the sights of Lebanon and doing some partying in Beirut but I am Jewish with extensive Israeli stamps in my Passport. I understand I would need a new passport I was just curious if I do get a new passport and my last name is pretty unjewish do I still risk getting in massive trouble? Do most Lebanese even care if you are Jewish?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • WhoDaS's Profile Photo

tripoli lebanon trip in april 2014

Lebanon Mar 19, 2014 at 2:43 AM

is it safe to travel to tripoli lebanon in mid april to mid may, to visit family and see attractions. thanks

2 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    • Is it safe to travel to Lebanon in july 2014??

Lebanon Feb 23, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I want to book my ticket to Lebanon, I will be staying with my family in jounieh, im an Australian citizen need to know is it safe to travel there???

4 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • 2 days in Beirut

Lebanon Feb 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I will have two days (arrive in late morning and leave very late at night the following day) in Beirut, just want some suggestion as to what to do. My initial plan is to spend my first day looking around in Beirut and then the second day to Beelback and vineyard visit.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • cyber cafe

Beirut Feb 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM

i m looking for a cyber cafe in beirut not far from mazraa

• Canadianemca's Profile Photo

What type of power outlets are in Lebanon

Lebanon Jan 19, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Hi, Just planning my trip, and I want to make sure that I am buying the right power adapters for my electronic devices. There are 4 different types that I have found in stores here. The "US" two prong, the "AU" two prong on an angle, The "EU" with two little pointy things, and the "UK with two sideways prongs and a plastic stick in the bottom? Which one should I buy? Thanks :)

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM
    • Canadianemca's Profile Photo

Visiting Zahle.

Lebanon Jan 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Hi,
      I am a Canadian woman who has never really travelled anywhere. My husband has been in Zahle for 4 months ( his father died suddenly) and he will have to remain there until we are able to get him permits to return to Canada where we live. I have plans to surprise him for his birthday in the middle of February.

1.) Is Zahle safe for me to go to?
      2.) Is it hard to get through the airport being an english (petite peu francais et sway lebinin) speaking woman with little travel experience? I keep hearing about having to pay people money to not get hassled?
      3.) I have blonde hair, snow white skin - friends here in Canada are telling me that I have to make sure I cover up as much as possible to not draw any attention. Is that true?
      4.) How much money should I bring to live/travel with the understanding that I am staying at his family home and lodging/food should be covered? I am not planning to go sight seeing this trip. I just want to spend a couple weeks with my husband. (I plan to return, if he is not home in July as well)

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

5 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Tourists in Lebanon

Lebanon Jan 12, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Hello,
      My wife and I are planning to take a spontaneous trip to celebrate our anniversary and we are considering going to Beirut.
      Is the winter a good time to come to Lebanon? Will there be other European tourists? Also because of the dangerous situation in Lebanon I want to know if it is still ok for tourists to come.
      Thank you!
      Julian Brunner

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • Are fears real?

Lebanon Jan 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM

My sister and I are thinking of visiting Lebanon in early June to do missionary work with Heart for Lebanon. I asked a question a couple of weeks ago about traveling to Lebanon and working with this group. Given the responses received, i felt comfortable about going on the trip. In light of the recent violence in Lebanon (the assassination and car bomb attack) I am feeling very reluctant about the trip. My sister still wants to go, hoping the violence will subside by this summer. Of course no one can predict the future, but I was wondering if those of you who said it was safe a couple of weeks ago still feel the same? Do you expect things will get worse before it gets better. We are praying for you! Any advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

7 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • Heart of Lebanon?

Lebanon Dec 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I am an American citizen and have been invited to help with the Heart for Lebanon group in distributing care packages to the needy
      . We will travel in eith May or June of 2014. Do you know if this is a reputable organization in Lebanon and is it dangerous to do this kind of missionary work in your country?

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Heart of Lebanon?

Lebanon Dec 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I have been invited to help with the Heart for Lebanon group in distributing care packages to the needy
      . We will travel in eith May or June. Do you know if this is a reputable organization in Lebanon and is it ok with the government to do this kind of missionary work in your country

2 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM
    • About to travel to Beirut, is it safe to go?

Beirut Dec 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hey all! So I am doing an internship/exchange program in Beirut from Christmas to late Jan. I have been closely watching the news, and in contact with the lead of the program, and he has assured me the media is exaggerating the dangers of Lebanon right now. I am a young American women who has been learning Arabic for the past three years. I am wondering if there is anything I should know about living in Beirut for a month/ safe travel around the country during this time, and even wondering if I should actually go at this point - my mother is worried, and it is making me worried!

Thank you!

7 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • Is it safe to visit Lebanon as family?

Lebanon Dec 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

We are scheduled to visit Lebanon (family with 2 kids - 13 and 7) this December 26 for 4 nights. We will only be in the Mzaar Ski Resort then Byblos. Is it safe? I just need assurance, most esp. we are traveling with our kids. Thank you

14 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • hamoos's Profile Photo

Is Jbail worth visiting?

Jbail Dec 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I am visiting Lebanon around NYE with my boyfriend, we've been to beirut once before but we've never been to Jbeil . We want to spend a relaxing time and have fun mengling with the locals. We r nt interested in architicture though We are more interested in nature and scenery.
      so do you recommend I visit Jbeil ?or do you recommend we visit another part of Lebanon?

6 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • Bqerzla questions. Thanks for starting the dialogue.

Lebanon Dec 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

How safe is it in the town of Bqerzla in the mountains? Also, any idea how much it costs to get from Beirut to Tripoli, and then to Bqerzla? How much are apartments there? And food prices? Thanks so much!

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    • What is the best Grocery store?

Beirut Dec 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I am looking for organic, plus - good steaks - wide variety. And is open on Sunday.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    • JohanK's Profile Photo

Recommendation for 5 day trip (2nd-7th January 2014) in Beirut (man, german, mid aged, alone)

Beirut Dec 6, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi, could anybody give some tips how to plan a short trip to Beirut? I just want to see something outside Europe, some good food, good drinks and good music. Thanks,

4 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    • Safety Question For US Citizen

Lebanon Dec 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'm planning a trip to visit Lebanon at the end of December. I'm going with my bf who is a Lebanese citizen and will be staying with him and his family in Saida and also visiting Beirut. However, the US embassy has issued a travel warning for all US citizens against travel to Lebanon, which is making me second guess the trip.

I just wanted to know any other personal opinions of how safe they felt visiting there. I'm also blonde, which makes me feel I will stand out. Will there be issues? Or since I'll be visiting with other Lebanese people, will I be okay? My bf and his family assure me everything is fine, but I would like some opinions from others who were tourists.

7 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    • Is it possible to check in with your girlfriend in a hotel

Beirut Dec 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hello
      Me and my girl friend want to spend some time in a nice relaxing hotel. Is it possible or we have to be married and show some kind license? Or do hotels overlook such law and turn a blind eye.

Thank you

10 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    • travel to america

Lebanon Nov 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM

how much it cost to travel from lebanon to america

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • ZaynaK's Profile Photo

Gifts for Lebanese Family

Lebanon Nov 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are travelling to see my relatives in Lebanon and I need to take gifts with me. I have a very large family over there so I need to keep things reasonably priced and packable of course. My father suggested honey as he said it was very expensive there (?). But I would love anyone to let me know what your thoughts are as I am a little bit stumped.

)

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • Recently travelled to Haifa, Israel and now want to go to Lebanon

Lebanon Nov 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Hi, I want to travel to Lebanon next year as my grandparents are from there and I have some distant relatives still there. I am Australian and in March 2013 I visited Israel as my wife is Bahai and she wanted to visit some of the holy sites in Haifa. I read that having a recent stamp on my passport showing that I have travelled to Israel may complicate my ability to get a VISA into Lebanon, is this true? Any advice as to how I can work around this?

3 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    • Visiting Lebanon beyond Beirut

Lebanon Nov 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'm thinking of visiting Lebanon in January 2014. It seems Beirut and the Christian areas directly to the east and north are safe for a blonde American like myself. What about places like Baalbek, Tyre, and Sidon? I'm most interested in the famous tourist sites; are those safe for Americans, even if they lie in Shia or Sunni areas? Even if the sites themselves are safe, are the roads through the Bekaa or areas south of the Litani River risky?
      Also, I'll most likely be traveling alone, and my last name is vaguely Jewish. I haven't read anything suggesting that would be a problem, but I'm totally ok with cutting out a piece of the trip to limit any possibly unpleasant run-in with a Hezbollah checkpoint, or something like that.

4 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • buses in beirut

Beirut Oct 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM

how do you get in bus from the governemental palace to sassin square?

2 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • Beirut Safety

Beirut Sep 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We're planning a trip to Israel and Lebanon in Oct '13. The Travel Advisory for Lebanon is to avoid all travel. Yet I've seen reviews from people saying it's fine with a guide (which we'll have) and to avoid border towns. If any of you have traveled to Lebanon within the past month, we'd love to hear your experience/thoughts. Thank you!

17 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Returning to Lebanon

Lebanon Sep 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Will Lebanon take me back as its citizen if I get deported from the U.S after 30 years ?

3 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM