Leatherhead Travel Answers

change location

car parking

by ariesoldenhuis Online Now Jul 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Our family plans to visit London. Is it safe, to park our car for 1 week at Leatherhead railway station ?, so we can visit London by train, bus and metro. We are willing to pay for a safe parking place.
Greetings from Holland,
Aries.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: car parking

by leics Online Now Jul 3, 2009 at 2:57 PM

You have to pay for most public off-street parking in the UK, I'm afraid....although you may be lucky and find an on-street spot.

I don't know Leatherhead well (have only been there once, briefly), but there is a list of council-owned car parks here:

molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?...

and their charges:

The second link shows which car parks allow you to park for periods of up to 24 hours. You will have to buy a new ticket each day. There is a fine of 50GBP (reduced to 25GBP if paid within 14 days) for overstaying the time you have paid for:

The station car park may be full of commuters' cars, so you may have problems finding a parking place. I do not know if you are allowed to park there overnight but I'm pretty sure you will have to pay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: car parking

by cubsur Online Now Jul 4, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I took this from the train company website - car parking information for Leatherhead - additionally CCTV protects the area.

Opening hours Monday to Friday: 24 hours, Saturday: 24 hours, Sunday: 24 hours
    Number of car parking spaces 205
    Parking charges Daily: £3.70,
    Taxi rank Yes
    TrainTaxi website link TrainTaxi website
    Cycle storage 28 spaces, sheltered, with CCTV
    Cycle storage location beside car park, Platform 1

Leatherhead is an extremely busy commuter station on weekdays, so unless you get there very early the 205 available spaces will be occupied.

Hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Leatherhead