Le Crotoy Travel Answers

change location

Beauvois Airport

by Donnaoneill Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM

What is the best way to get from Le Crotoy to Beauvois airport? There will be ten of us travelling. Flight is at 12pm. If best way is by taxi please recommend some companies. Any idea what it would cost?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Re: Beauvois Airport

by shrimp56 Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM

If you mean the secondary airport near Paris that's Beauvais I'm pretty sure. No airport is popping with Beauvois. It's 128 kilometers or so between the two which is estimated at about 1 hr 20 min. As for taxis, I would ask your hotel what you suggest.

You could take the train to the airport from Etaples-le-Touquet, changing at Amiens to a bus. Normally the bus station or routiere is close by the train station. There is a 5:20am connection that gets you to the airport around 8am. The 6:18am gets you in at 9:08am. Those are the two options. I'd go for the earlier one just to be safe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Beauvois Airport

by Dunx Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 5:23 AM

For a group of 10 I'd say that public transport is pretty much unfeasible. There's a theoretical way (in addition to the Etaples version) starting at Noyelles station (or Rue, same distance, same line) just 5 miles from Le Crotoy. The 05.55 train from Noyelles gets to Amiens at 06.36, in time for the 06.50 bus (service 30E) to Beauvais, arriving at 08.15. Bus service 12 leaving Beauvais at 08.55 gets you to the airport at 9.13.

Slightly later, the 06.48 from Noyelles to Amiens (07.36) connects with the 08.00 bus to Beauvais (09.20), and service 12 at 09.35 gets you to the airport at 09.53. NB these are all based on Mon-Fri travel dates.

If I was you I'd be trying to organise a minibus (or very large taxi), as the door-to-door journey would be around an hour and a half rather than the 3hrs plus of public transport. Maybe your hosts in Le Crotoy can help with the minibus / taxi ? If not, some digging around on this site might help:
    http://www.trans80.fr/

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines