Le Cap d'Agde Travel Answers

change location

Late October Opportunities

by mdwjew Online Now Jul 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

My fiancee and I are planning to spend part of our honeymoon in the Cap d'Agde area toward the end of October. In doing my research, I discovered a great deal of information about the Naturist Quarter which has interested us both.

The only thing I haven't been able to determine is if the quarter is accessible at the time we wish to go. Is it too cold to enjoy the nudist experience in October? Is the quarter even accessible during the last week of October? Are the clubs open at that time?

Any feedback that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • JLBG's Profile Photo

Re: Late October Opportunities

by JLBG Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I once went to Agde at the very beginning of November and it was cool but perfectly bathable. However, I would not say that it is possible every year.

Last week of october, most facilities should be open, at least during the week end. Cap d'Agde (including the naturist quarter) is open year round.

Consider that if, unluckily, the weather was not fine, there is a lot to do in the backcountry. If you need it, I will give you some details.

I have been several times to the Naturist camping a long time ago. It was very nice, there were a lot of families with kids coming back year after year. Then, they built a first building with apartments. It began to change from naturist to nudist. Later, they dug the harbor and built new buildings, both in the naturist quarter and in the non naturist part. It changed even more. There was still a part for the naturist camping but narrower and narrower while the nudist buildings were increasing. I do not know if there remain any camping at all. I have not been to Cap d'Agde naturist quarter lately. From what I have heard, it is now a strange place with strange people, as some one wrote in this thread. However, the beach is still there and must still be pleasant. Not all visitors are "strange"!. You can go there if you want to, even for honeymoon (why not?) and have a regular behavior. Swinging or anything else is not compulsary! However, do not be surprised by the look and possibly the behavior of some of your neighbors.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines