Le Cap d'Agde Travel Answers

change location

Best Eating places in Cap d'Agde

by beanyboy Online Now Jan 31, 2008 at 8:54 AM

I'm back again and seeking answers if available.

If there is anyone looking in that IS'NT A NUDIE ie, NOT of the naturist persuasion AND likes to eat out in the Town/Harbour Area of Cap d'Agde I would appreciate it if you could give us a recommendation or 6.

Or for that matter any where in the area such as the Rochelongue or Port Ambonne
etc etc anywhere off of the naturist quarter.

A couple of good restaurant recommendations would be much appreciated

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Best Eating places in Cap d'Agde

by beanyboy Online Now Feb 1, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Hi Guys ...I'm putting my own Postscipt onto this 'cos i have said Port Ambonne in error. As that is in the Naturist Quarter we do not require recomm's from there thanks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by AngLangS Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM

La Marine in the harbour is good, if you walk over to the Avant Port area there are a number of good restaurents, also in the Mole you will find a couple of good ones.

Further away, in Agde, there are a number of good restaurants alongside the river, and even further try Sete - same thing the riverside restaurants are brill, especially on Market day (Wednesday, I think)

I know everyone is put off by the nudists but the only bare bottoms I have seen are on 12 month old children - and I've been going for over 14 years.

by beanyboy Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Thanks AngLangs for your reply.I appreciate it.

Can you put any names to those restaurants that you recommend ? especially over in Avant Port.

We've tried the 'ol La Marine but got caught in the seasonal hub-hub I'm afraid and it did not strike us as being too special AND we would prefer a NOT ALL Fish establishment if we could. However and without being over fussy I'm open to all suggestions.

T'would be good to know of any good suggestions in Agde too if you can remember them.

It is ACTUAL personal recommendations that we are after if it is at all possible.

We've been going there for a whilecourselves but as I said would like to make a change this year.

By the way Market Day in Agde is Thursday.

Many thanks again.

by beanyboy Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 1:57 AM

Just re-read your reply again and of course you were referring to Sete and right again ...Market day is Wednesday. Apologies for that.

• tashski's Profile Photo

Re: Best Eating places in Cap d'Agde

by tashski Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 9:35 AM

You have probably been and gone on holidays by this time, sorry, only now read your post.....I would recommend restaurant in Place St Clar, owned by Gary and Val....nice couple, Gary is english, Val is French......called Pitchouns...very friendly people and every time I have been it has been very good food. Price is about the same as anywhere near/on harbour front.
    Hope the information may be useful next time you travel to Cap.

by beanyboy Online Now Dec 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hi Tashski Long time no visit. But like you we were regular visitors to Gary and Vals place " le Pichoun". We learned earlier on this year ( in fact it happened when we were actually there) that Gaz had sold the place to a French guy. We left the following day after saying our thanks and farewells to Gary. He certainly did run a great place there. Whether or not the new chap will be as good or any better we wont find out until we go again (hopefully ) this year 2010. Do you have any more up to date news about that ? Or does anybody?

cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines