Le Cap d'Agde Travel Answers

change location
TonyMe's Profile Photo

OK for naturist couple with a child? Where abouts can you go around naked?

by TonyMe Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Hi,

I would love to spend 2 weeks at Cap d'Adge. I have two questions:

1) We are not into swingers lifestyle etc. We would like to go there just enjoying being naked. And we will be there with or 1 year old son. However, I am hearing a lot of "public sex" etc. Is that really the case?

2) Where about, in Cap d'Adge, can you go around naked? You can say "all of it", but I am trying to figure it out in terms of actual Google Map boundaries... can somebody help?

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • Re: OK for naturist couple with a child? Where abouts can you go around naked?

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Google Cap d Agde Quarter Naturiste and look at images and judge for yourself. To access the Naturist section you need to go through the Quarter Natruriste and pay a fee to enter this area which will cover the whole of your stay - prices should be available on the web - reasonable from what I can remember - you will then be issued with a swipe card to enter the area -

Before booking I would suggest that you look at the French Federation of Naturists - again Google and British Naturism sites and do some serious research - there are many alternatives to Cap d Agde nearby - to access these sites you will need to join British Naturism prior to departure

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: OK for naturist couple with a child? Where abouts can you go around naked?

by gwened Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

never done it but you can look here
    en.capdagde.com/naturism_cap...
    and plenty here at the French naturist assoc
    http://194.254.96.55/ffent/?fo=li&sreg=provence

hope it helps

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

never done it but you can look here
    en.capdagde.com/naturism_cap...
    and plenty here at the French naturist assoc
    http://194.254.96.55/ffent/?fo=li&sreg=provence

hope it helps

• Re: OK for naturist couple with a child? Where abouts can you go around naked?

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

As a Mother of 3 sons and a life long Naturstist I'm proud of being! in my own personal opinion Cap'd Agde is no place for children - exhbitionism and swingers are in your face 24/7. I have first hand experience of Cap d Agde - in my personal opinion please avoid and go to Grande Cosse at Narbonne or Serginan Plage - both of these are family orinentated If you're camping I suggest you use camping cheques - available from Camping Cheques in Kent

For a nice treat I would recommend La Noria Restaurant at Florensac which is family orientated real French cuisine at reasonable prices and children are welcomed - we've been at there for 30 years -for the sports stadium - should be in your set nav

Hope this is of help

1 member found this helpful

• TonyMe's Profile Photo

by TonyMe Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Thanks a billion. This is exactly what I feared. The idea is great, but the last thing I want is being hassled by swingers 24/7 -- especially with my kids.

The task of doing my own research, starting from absolute 0, was a little daunting. Thank you for your hints!

• TonyMe's Profile Photo

by TonyMe Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM

What do you think about Koversada, BTW? Have you been there? Is it 100% family friendly?

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Went to Koversada a few years back only stayed 1 night as in our opinion it was dirty - sharp rocks for kiddies and motor scooters were running riot at nights. I'm told that Valatta on the opposite penisulr is better although I haven't been there - somewhere we want to go to

Have you thought of Sabotonik near Villach Austria - it is on lake Keustacher am see - sorry if my spelling isn't spot on - lovely play areas for kiddies - there is a B & B with the option of evening meals - direct access to lake - you could then head down into Croatia - easily dooable in a day but not return and then see if you like it. If you do go into Slovenia make sure you get a vingette and that it is placed in the EXACT place on the windscreen - saw someone get a Euro 300 fine for it not being the exact place
    For all naturist places try this website - www.naturistguide.eu - but please remember on the vast majority of sites you will need a valid British Naturism card to access these and you should get some form of small discount on some sites. British Naturism is affiliated to the International Naturist Federation which promotes Naturism worldwide. BN has holiday advisors and there is a forum on the BN website.
    Hope you enjoy Naturism as much as we do

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I will help you where I can but hopefully will be away shortly for a few days - there are some fantastic sites throughout Europe and in the UK ranging from holiday centres to very small campsites - in our time we've visited most of them

by jeanfinney Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Hi - there was a big article last year in the Montpellier Gazette about Cap d'Agde - this is far from being a prudish publication, in fact they shock my good old American sensibilities sometimes! - but the scene at Cap d'Agde sounded truly out there, and definitely no place for kids. It sounds like you have some good advice. I do know that Narbonne is a lovely town to visit too, so it would be nice to visit there, and the whole area has much to offer, old abbeys, Cathar castles (the kids should love that!), etc. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines