Lauterbrunnen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

more
    • A plan for one day in Lauterbrunnen valley

by ruben__ariel Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Me and my wife will be in Switzerland the last week of May. Luzern will be our base. We want to go one day to the Lauterbrunnen valley. We are planning to get to Lauterbrunnen bahn around 10:30 (leaving Luzern around 8:00), then will go in train to Wengen, stay there about an hour and take the cable cab to Männlichen. From there, we want to hike to Kleine Scheidegg and take the train back to Lauterbrunnen. Then by furnicular to Grütschalp and train to Mürren. Then a walk from Murren to Gimmelald by easy path (not via Ferrata) and then descent with (cable car?) to Stechelberg. From there to walk or take the bus to visit Trümmelbach Falls and then bus back to Lauterbrunnen/Luzern. Do you think that this is too much for just one day? We don't want to rush.

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    • Book in advance?

by beckyandferg Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Rome on the 15th of May, do I need to book in advance or should we just book once we are there?

7 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    • one day in lauterbrunen with 1.8 baby

by wolfgang-amadeus Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

will visit swiss for 10 days in the next june. sleeping in iseltwald.
      one (sunny) day will dedicated to lauterbrunen area.
      the plan: driving in the morning to lauterbrunen and leave the car at the parking for all day -
      cable car from lauterbrunen to grutshlap - walking from grutshlap (through murren) to gimmelwald (we are with a stroller for the baby), with the cable down to stechelberg (or maybe i will walk down and my wife with the baby and the boogie will take the cabe-car.
      from stechelberg - walk back to lauterbrunen with visiting trumpelbach falls in the way
      is this programm make sense for one day with a stroller?

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • Which airport to fly into from USA to reach Lauterbrunnen?

by khogan Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Which airport should I be flying into to get to Lauterbrunnen? Also, is it possible to see Lauterbrunnen and travel all the way down to Florence, Italy (and have time to see Florence) in 10 days? I watched a video of a train ride in Lauterbrunnen that I can't get out of my head. It was a railway teetering on a cliff in a majestic valley. I want to add Lauterbrunnen into our Italian journey...but am I trying to do too much? Thank you!

11 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • camping jungfrau

by godsell Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I am considering a holidaying in Switzerland, Sept, 13 for 1 week and have found a flight with a low cost airline to Geneva. I am on a budget & have heard Switzerland is very expensive, hence the campsite in Lauterbrunnen would be ideal. Can anyone advise me the best way of travelling to the region from Geneva & which rail card would be the most cost effective, also the journey time would be useful. Any feedback would be good, thanks

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    • Ticket for jungfrouch/ journey to basel from lauterbrunnen

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Hi all
      Need help, for ticket to top of europe, should i buy earlier? My trip on 6sept 2013. How about train to basel.? Is it ok to buy on the spot?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • Out from lauterbrunnen to basel for a flight and to lauterbrunnen from paris by train

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hi, i need some advice. I want to go to lauterbrunnen from paris. Is it ok to reach lauterbrunnen by 8 -10 pm? I want to check in at camping n backpackers site. Is it easy to get taxi? Or bus?

On 7 sept, or 8th i plan to get plane from bern or basel. Want to but tics 8.00 am in the morning. Is it easy to get train, taxi or bus??

Need advice. Thanks

4 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • Where to stay in lauterbrunnen?

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I plan to go for 2 nights and wonder which /where to stay the best. I plan to go to top of Europe. i travel from paris to lauterbrunnen.

Need your advise. thanks.

My travel will be on 5th and check out 7th or day after. really appreciate your help.

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Winter jacket or normal autumm jacket ( wool ) should b enough?

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Should we bring the winter jacket to lauterbrunnen? We are planning to stay there for 2 night in sept, 5. N what to go to top of europe. Appreciate you guys opinion

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • Train from paris to lauterbrunnen

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now May 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Hi, need advise. Should we book train early from traveling from paris to lauterbrunnen? My trip planned on aug. anyone can help?

5 Answers May 10, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • Weather/What do do

by belbel86 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Is it suitable to Visit here in 4th November this year for 5 nights?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Lauterbrunnen valley view in late October

by phingy Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Hi guys,

I'm planning on a 2 night trip to lauterbrunnen on 20 October and was wondering how is the view at the valley and of the mountains during that time?

It would be great if there are some greenery couple with snow at the mountain tops.

I'll also be taking the mountain rail to jungfrau one early morning. Any idea how's the weather during that time as well?

Appreciate your advice! THANK YOU!!!!

3 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • Train travel between Munich and Lauterbrunnen

by activewalker Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I will be traveling shortly to Lauterbrunnen from Munich. I am having great difficulty finding train information that is easy to understand. I will be traveling one way on a Sunday. Can anyone help me out. There will be 4 travelers all together. Thanks

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • from Lauterbrunnen to Roma airport

by lazywall Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM

My younger brother is leaving from Lauterbrunnen to catch an aeroplane at Roma airport at 12:40 (noon). I am finding a suitable and the safest way for him to travel alone to get there. He got a Eurail pass and thus I am thinking of taking the train to Roma Termini and then change to Leonardo Express. However time is an issue and I thought that it’s only possible for him to go by night train, as I think he needs at arrive at Roma Termini in the morning say 9 to 10am.

1) I have obtained a schedule from the SBB website. I can see that it involves several changes of station. However, the transit time for some station is only a few minutes and I am concerning what happens if he failed to get onto the next train. Does that mean the subsequent schedule cannot be catched up? Does this happen often? What steps does he need to take during the transit, is it simply walking to the corresponding platform of the next train or he needs to buy ticket/show his pass/check in. (P.S. he’ll be with a big suitcase…) What could I/he do to facilitate the changing between different trains?
      2) Is it safe for him to go alone by night train? Will there be quite some other people or it’s usually just a few? What could he do in case of emergencies?
      3) I saw that the night train need to be booked in advance. So how can it be done? Does he need to do it by himself or I can do it via the internet? Does he need to pay extra fare even if he got Eurail pass with unlimited flights?
      4) I am also concerning the time took for him to change to Leonardo Express at the Roma Termini. Is it within the same station that he’ll get off the train at? Where can he get the ticket for the Leonardo Express? Does he need to pay extra fare or does the Eurail pass also covers the fare? How long does it usually take to do this transit, and also walking to the airport after getting off the Leonardo Express?
      5) In the end, is there an alternative to the plan of going by night train? I am thinking of getting him a hostel near the Roma Termini? Is there one and do you have any other suggestion?
      Sorry that it may seem lengthy but I have never been to Europe, and it’s his first time to get there and he’s still in high school…

4 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    • Alannon's Profile Photo

Lauterbrunnen, Rome, Venice and beyond...

by Alannon Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I have purchased a flight that lands in Rome on the 19th of June and departs Munich on the 4th of August. I have yet to book any lodging for the trip yet and am currently trying to plan the order in which I will visit each city. My original plans were Rome to Venice to Innsbruck, however, that was before I stumbled upon some photos of Lauterbrunnen. I would like to fit Lauterbrunnen into my itinerary but am not sure which order would be most ideal (Rome to Lb to Venice or Rome to Venice to Lb).
      After Rome and Venice, I was initially planning on travelling to Innsbruck then Berchtesgaden (day-trip to Salzburg)and ending in Munich. With the addition of Lauterbrunnen, I am not sure my former itinerary would make the most sense. I am open to other suggestions as well, so any input would be helpful. Thank you for your Time :)

9 Answers May 14, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    • Train Lauterbrunnen to Rome

by stin.7 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I've already checked sbb.ch website and I couldnt find any night train, I want to spend the day and travel in the evening in april, but all the trains after 6pm last 12 hours to reach rome.. is there any faster train?
      thanks in advance!!

11 Answers Dec 14, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    • Best route in and out Lauterbrunnen from Venice

by Jessise Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

A group of us (8 seniors in early 60s) plan to take a train from Venice to Switzerland and spend 5 nights in Lauterbrunnen late May next year. We are open to stay an additonal night in Lucerne on our way in or out, or a night in Milan or Lugano to break the journey to fit in our plan. While in Lauterbrunnen we want to see Wengen, Murren and do some light trekkings and go to Jungfraujoch if the weather is fine. We will be getting a Swiss saver flexi pass (pl advise no. of days). We can fly home from either Milan or Venice (late afternoon flight). Appreciate if someone can show us the best way to travel in and out of Lauterbrunnen so that we can fit in the scenic train rides esp the Bernina Express route and the Golden Pass to or from Montreux.

7 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    • which hotel?

by duxton Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 5:27 AM

which hotel?

Thank you on the advice to stay in Lauterbrunnen instead of Interlaken.
      This i will do....now my question is, should i stay at Schutzen hotel or Silberhorn hotel?
      Which ever hotel i choose, im after a balcony with a view, would i get this with a standard room, or do i have to pay more for a superior room to get the view?
      Has anybody stayed at these hotels?, please share your opinion.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    • nalahacjr's Profile Photo

Free map to interested hiker!!

by nalahacjr Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM

My wife and I just got back from a month long trip to Europe. One of our stays was in Lauterbrunnen at a camping there for about 8 nights. We hiked all over and bought a map of the area while we were there. It says Wengen/Murren at the top but covers a lot of the surrounding area. It is a 1:40,000 Wanderkarte map. Anyway, I meant to leave it at the campground for someone to grab, but it managed to make it into our bag and back to the States. I think it was like a 12 swiss franc map. If someone would like it, they can have it. All I ask is they send me a few bucks for shipping, but then it is yours! Gorgeous area - happy hiking!!

- Ryan

1 Answer Mar 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    • accomodation

by destiny8989 Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM

1)If you arrive late in Lauterbrunnen and you don't have a reservation-do they have a policy to accomodate you ?(emergency type of thing...)
      2)If you have friends having an accomodation already -can you slip on a matress/foldable bed in their room? is it permitted?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    • Holiday Apartments to rent

by arnyt2 Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Can anyone recommend a mid range apartment to rent in Lauterbrunnen. Having just returned from staying in Interlaken and visiting the area which is absolutely beautiful are looking to stay in the area again next year but rather than a hotel are looking for an apartment. Hotel would be the last resort. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Tina

6 Answers Jul 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    • Reduced Fares for Family of 6

by mannfamily Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hi, Currently spending 3 days in Lauterbrunnen. What a spot! Wow, beautiful! Anyway, we drove here so no Swisspass, etc. Planning to go up to Mannllichen tomorrow to hike to Kleine Scheidegg and perhaps a couple of other hikes if the weather permits. Surprised that tickets for all of us will be over CHF300. There doesn't appear (from the website) to be any discount for children (11,14,17,18) or for family? Any suggestions? Any other avenues for discount tickets I should be examining?
      Thanks in advance.
      The Mann Family

4 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    • bertsirkin's Profile Photo

Clothing for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn

by bertsirkin Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM

We're going to be visiting the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn in early June, but most of our trip will be in warmer parts of Italy. We're not planning on packing any heavy clothes, but suspect we'll need them for the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Does anyone know how cold it gets in these locations and if there's any way to "rent" warm clothing?

thanks,
      bert

4 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Marathon Lauterbrunnen Weekend 10 & 11th Sept 2010

by Mikebb Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I intended to have 2 or 3 days In Lauterbrunnen on the Thursday & Friday & Saturday and have seen a notice on a hotel web site stating the Marathon takes place that weekend and the town is busy either side of weekend.

How busy would the district be, I assume the various trainns and cable cars going up the mountain would be crowded and long waiting periods.Restaurants and other services would be crowded.

Should we avoid that week and vist a week later.We are from Australia and finish a tour in warsaw. Our intention was to fly to Switzerland for a 5 or 6 day stay, then take the fast train to Paris for a 7 day stay. From Paris we wish to fly to Istanbul, my thought being I would have a better chance of picking up a cheap flight from Paris.

Would there be cheap flights on offer Switzerland to Istanbul?

All comments and advice appreciated

• Hike to Schillthorn

by samirhemani Online Now Mar 28, 2010 at 1:35 AM

how long a walk is it to schillthorn.we are a 40 year old couple and have our 13 yr old son with us. What's the difficulty level?

Thanks

regards

samir hemani

2 Answers Apr 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    • Paris to Lauterbrunnen

by mariskasholiday Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM

My husband and I are traveling with our 16month old in April and need to get from Paris to Lauterbrunnen.I have heard is is easier to get to Dusseldorp and then on to Lauterbrunnen as if I go by train from Paris to Lauterbrunnen we will have to change trains in the middle of the night.
      Could someone please give me some advice.
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    • The falls

by miribarak Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I would like to validate my impression that the falls are not open to visits at this time of the year (December). Are there any other falls who can be visited at this time in the near area?
      Thank you so much, Miri

2 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    • rockypaul's Profile Photo

Hotel Jungfrau

by rockypaul Online Now Oct 20, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Hi
      we have just booked to stay at the Hotel Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen in March for skiing, has anyone else stayed there in winter.. if so whats it like for skiing regards the distance to lifts etc, any information would be appreciated
      thanks
      Rockypaul

4 Answers Oct 21, 2009 at 3:27 AM
    • Switzerland experts..Help, help! Where should we go the week after Thanksgiving? Nov 28th-Dec 2?

by zombywoof Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I have posted in several forums with only one reply.

Flying into Zurich on Nov 28th. Have to be in Strausburg France on Dec 2 for business. We want to see the OB, but are concerned it is too much the slow season. Should we go to a larger town? Will the OB be active enough to experience the area?

Grindelwald a better idea? We have not seen this area and will have a car. Any suggestions appreciated.

Zombywoof

3 Answers Oct 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    • getmyhat's Profile Photo

trains trains

by getmyhat Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I'm glad I have found this forum! Being new to vt it is taking me a while to know the site. My questions are: What is the best way to get to Lauterbrunnen from Zurich, and then from Lauterbrutten to either Bellagio or Venice?
      Trying to plan our 1st trip and would appreciate any help!

4 Answers Sep 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM