Lauterbrunnen Travel Answers

change location

Switzerland experts..Help, help! Where should we go the week after Thanksgiving? Nov 28th-Dec 2?

by zombywoof Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I have posted in several forums with only one reply.

Flying into Zurich on Nov 28th. Have to be in Strausburg France on Dec 2 for business. We want to see the OB, but are concerned it is too much the slow season. Should we go to a larger town? Will the OB be active enough to experience the area?

Grindelwald a better idea? We have not seen this area and will have a car. Any suggestions appreciated.

Zombywoof

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: Switzerland experts. Where should we go the week after Thanksgiving? Nov 28th-Dec 2?

by Maryimelda Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Grindlewald are all great little villages. I stayed in Lauterbrunnen last month and loved it. I visited Wengen and Grindelwald and found that they seemed to have more hotels and restaurants than Lauterbrunnen, but all three are wonderful little Swiss villages, so you can't go wrong. I would think that they might be more expensive in Novemeber than they were when I was there, but they will still be cheaper than say Interlaken. You are bound to have a great time. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Switzerland experts..Help, help! Where should we go

by christine.j Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 1:25 AM

What's the OB you want to see and which will or will not be active?

If there is snow enough, in early December it will be skiing season and Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and around will be very busy. It is a wonderful region to stay. If you drive, make sure your car has the proper winter equipment and you know how to use it before you start driving.
    Something else to do in early December is visiting the Christmas Markets, the one in Strasbourg is very nice.

• Thanks for the info

by zombywoof Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for the quick replies.

Major activities such as skiing are not foreseen. Weather permitting, perhaps a couple of good hikes, but no big deal. We just want to get a good sense of this region. Perhaps one of the towns with more restaurants is a good idea..

We will be staying in Strausburg during the Christmas market, and my guess is that our host will clue us in on this aspect.

Sounds like the region will not be "closed" which is my main concern.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lauterbrunnen