Lauterbrunnen Travel Answers

change location
elise_crash's Profile Photo

Itinerary for 3 Days in Lauterbrunnen

by elise_crash Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hello!

My husband and I are planning to go from Milan to Lauterbrunnen, and then on to Lyon. We will be in Lauterbrunnen for 3 days (September 7-10), and are traveling by train, so we will not have a car. We do not ski, and we are not big hikers, although we don't mind doing some walking. The area looks beautiful! I am hoping somebody can tell me some things we can do while we are there. Are there easy day trips, such as Interlaken or Gimmelwald? Any help you can offer would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Happy Travels!
Lisa

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Itinerary for 3 Days in Lauterbrunnen

by riorich55 Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Hi Lisa! Getting ready for some cooler weather outside of Dallas? You will absolutely love Lauterbrunnen and the surrounding areas. My wife and I were there last October also for 3 nights. Here is how we spent our time in the area.

Day 1 - We took a train from Paris to Bern. You might want to consider taking the train for about 1 1/2 hours to Bern and visiting the old town area. We arrived in Lauterbrunnen about 7:00 p.m. that evening so we didn't really get a chance to do anything exciting other then eat and enjoy the quiet surroundings. Since you have a full first day you may want to get out on one of the lakes and visiting one of the small towns like Thun.

Day 2 - We went up to Schilthorn Mountain. This trip consisted of 3 cable car and 1 mountain train ride up the mountains from the Lauterbrunnen mountain. I have a 4 minute video link midway on my home page which will give you an idea of the trip set to music. When we got to the top we had a beautiful view and a pretty good James Bond breakfast at the revolving restaurant. Later that day we did a little hiking about the town of Murren and late still visited the indoor waterfalls called Trummelbach.

Day 3 - We took the train into Interlaken. The town itself is not all that exciting, some very touristy shops, so that's why you may want to go to one of the other towns around one of the lakes or even to Bern. But what we did do while we were there was to go tandem paragliding. I hate roller coasters and ferris wheels, but this was absolutely the most enjoyable adventure thing I had ever done. You go with a very experienced paragliding pilot who does all the work while you are along for the ride. Take a couple of steps let the wind pick up the sails, run a few more steps and you'll get a wonderful 15 minute ride over the town of Interlaken. Again I have a video link on my homepage to music check it out. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

I have other tips and pictures on my Lauterbrunnen and Bern pages that you may want to check out. Anything else let me know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lauterbrunnen