Lauterbrunnen Travel Answers

change location

Four days

by FraMauro Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 5:39 AM

I have four days in Lauterbrunnen and this is my itinerary.

Day 1 - Lauter - Wengen. Stop and see Wengen, then proceed to Jungfrau.
Return to Lauter via Grindelwald.

Day 2 - Lauter - Murren. Stop and see Murren, then proceed to Schilthorn and
back.

Day 3 - Day trip to Interlaken (Trummelbach falls)

Day 4 - Day trip to Interlaken (Lake Thun & Spiez).

Is this a good plan or can I see a few more places in between.

2. The sbb.ch website shows the first train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau is at 0830 hrs. Is this the "Good Morning" train.
3. How do I check fares in the sbb site. After I enter the details in the buy ticket page, it still stays in the same page.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Four days

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 6:30 AM

For days 1 and 2 I would suggest that you go to the top of the mountains first as it is more likely they will be fogged or clouded in later in the day. Again, check the weather forecast before you go up the mountains. I know they have webcams at each site and at the hotel we stayed at Hotel Oberland they had the days weather forecast along with the webcams.

For Day 3 Trummerbach Falls is actually at the other end of the valley from Lauterbrunnen going away from Interlaken. You can take a short bus ride there or just walk. We took a bus ride there and took a scenic walk back getting many pictures. The Falls at most will only take 1 hour of your time so you have plenty of time for other activities.

If your the adventurous type check out the many of outdoor activities you can do in and around the area. My wife and I went tandem paragliding and would highly recommend. (It is not cheap, but the experience is unforgettable.) We used a company called Sky Wings.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lauterbrunnen