Lausanne Travel Answers

change location

Gymnaestrada 2011

by Pompidog Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Bon jour. I am attending the 2011 Gymnaestrada in July this year and would like to know if there is a bus from College Grand Pont to the rail statioin? I will be traveling to Paris after the event and would like to know if I can take the bus to the station or, just take a taxi. Your town looks really beautiful and, I look forward to my time there.
Merci.
Lisa

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Gymnaestrada 2011

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Lausanne has good public transport, as has all of Switzerland. You can always asume that there will be a way to get to the main station in any city.
    And for the Gymnaestrada in July there will be extra transportation provided:

wg-2011.com/en/organisation/...
    If you now the address where you are staying you can use the trip planner on the Swiss Railways Website (which covers all transport in Switzerland). Just go to http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.html , type in your starting addres in the "from" box and "lausanne, gare" in the "to" box, and you'll find all options. If the place you're staying is in the Rue du Grand Pont you'll only have to ride one stop on the metro.
    But I asume you'll get plenty of opportunity to get to know the public transport system this summer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines