Lausanne Travel Answers

change location

Swiss Pass, Tell Pass or Individual Tickets?

by cc8 Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 8:12 AM

With so many transportation options available, I need some advice on which I should go for while in Switzerland based on this tentative plan :

1) Land in Zurich, take train from Zurich to Lausanne.
2) Stay in Lausanne for 3 days, visit nearby areas such as Ouchy, Olympic museum, Musée de l'Elysée, St. Francois, Cathedral or possibly further to Chateau de Chillion, Cully and Nyon
3) Train from Lausanne to Interlaken (Stay 4 nites), visit areas around Interlaken and Lucerne
4) Train from Interlaken to Zurich for return flight back to Malaysia

Based on this, should I go for the 8 day Swiss Pass, or Tell Pass, or just buy individual tickets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Swiss Pass, Tell Pass or Individual Tickets?

by K_V_B Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 5:40 AM

You can go to www.sbb.ch and look up what individual train tickets would cost, and compare that with the available passes.
    As to passes: A lot depends on what you want to do. If you want to take a lot of trips on mountain railways one of the regional passes may be suitable. However in your case, since you've choosen to stay in the Interlaken area, and not in the Lucerne area a Tell Pass would not be a good idea. A better option would be to get a "Berner Oberland Regional Pass" and try to get the most out of it.
    What might be an interesting pass for you would be the "swiss card". Free travel to/from the airport, and half fare travel in the time in between. With this pass you would travel Zürich - Lausanne for free, as well as Interlaken - Zürich, and travel half price on Lausanne - Interlaken, and on the mountain railways around Interlaken.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Swiss Pass, Tell Pass or Individual Tickets?

by cc8 Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 5:43 PM

I havent heard about the Swiss Card before, but it sounds like an interesting option. Let me check that out.

Thanks so much for the tip!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines