Laura

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First visit to Australia-4d3n @ perth

Perth Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, my friend and I ( both females) are traveling to Perth on the coming 24th-27th July. As we only managed to squeeze out 4d3n for the trip, we would like your kind advice on the following :

1. Given our time constrain, Is the following itinerary feasible?

Day 1: kings park

• (arriving Perth @ 1730hrs)

Day 2: Caversham + Nambung national park
      Day 3: Fremantle
      Day 4: Perth city ( Bell Tower, the Perth Mint...etc)

• return flight @ 1830 hrs

Are there any points of interests not to be missed that can be slotted in, other than those mentioned above?

2. In terms on accommodation, We are currently looking at Hyat/ Duxton/ Hilton/ Holiday Inn/ The Nest on Newcastle. May I know which one is better and more conveniently located, based on our itinerary above?

Thank you so much in advance!

more
    • Transportation

Airlie Beach Jun 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM

We are travelling by train from Mission Beach to Proserpine. I want to know the best way to get to our hotel from the station, whether it be by taxi or the bus service available from the station, which is a $33 for both of us. I'm not sure where our hotel (Martinique) is from the centre of Airlie Beach, so what would be the best form of travel?

more
    • Restaurant

State of Western Australia Jun 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Is there a Brazilian Restaurant in Armadale W.A. If so what is the name of it?

more
    • surfing, gold coast, surfers paradise

Surfers Paradise Jun 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone know a cheapish place to hire boards for the day at surfers paradise gold coast? It will be for this sunday coming.

Thanks

more
    • 7 days stay in Coolangatta, Queensland

Tweed Heads Jun 9, 2015 at 6:38 AM

I got a Canadian French lady visiting me in Melbourne. We are flying out to Coolangatta on 9 July and staying for 7 days . She is 59 y.o and I am 68 y.o We love to spend some quiet time together walking on the beach, seeing some places of interests, enjoy good restaurants or eateries, enjoy entertainment like variety / club shows, live performances and some dancing in night clubs, and some good Spa Massage & Facial too !
      Where should we stay ( I mean as in location ) and there are quite a few good resort places mentioned by the TripAdvisor like Ocean Plaza Resort, Outrigger Twins Towns Resort and Meriton Serviced Apartment. Would be most grateful if you could help me pick one of these three places or if you have something better in mind, that would be great !
      Thanking you in anticipation of your reply !

Warmest Regards,

Jimmy Ong

more
    • Swimming at Mackay beaches

Mackay Jun 9, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Where can you swim late September? Are there stinger nets?

more
    • August itinerary, HELP!

Melbourne Yesterday

Dear all, I am wondering if you could help me for the updating news for itinerary this August. Me and my partner will go to Melbourne on 1st August, and stays for my friend's wedding on 8th (at Melbourne). I am planning on visit Sydney (or maybe other interesting places/cities) during that time, or wander around Melb before 8th. i will go back on 11th.

I am not really into wildlife (like climbing or such) but i am excited to see koala and kangaroo since it's my first time to Aussie. I like taking selfies so i hope there're pretty places included.
      If it possible could you please suggest several places to visit in one location so i wouldn't spend much time on the road. Plus, i couldn't rent a car since we dont have international driving license. Please also suggest the public transport we could have.

Thank you so much for your help! really appreciate it. Hope you could help me.
      Regards
      Mira

more
    • Suggestion for outings that are cheap or free for kids below 5 years

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Can anyone suggest some places to visit for kids below 5 years that are cheap or free. Thanks

more
    • How much to budget for 10 days in Melbourne?

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Will be traveling to Melbourne in Dec. Staying with friends but plan to rent a car for a week. Any good and cheap car rental to recommend? We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids (2 & 3 years). How much to budget for the 10 days including car rental? Where and how much would it cost to rent childseats? Thanks in advance

more
    • Where to go During Aug ?

Sydney 21 hours ago

Hi all, I would be going to Sydney on 3 Aug to 8 Aug, I read a few forum that I should avoid going to Blue mountain for this month because of the poor visiblilty. can anyone advice me where i should go instead during this season or where I should not go as well. Eg Beach ? Much appreciated

Greeting from Singapore,
      Kirstein

more
    • Weather in Autumn and what to wear

Sydney Yesterday

Hi all
      I will be going to Sydney in March 16 for a concert. How is the weather like during March? I heard that it rains a lot. What should I wear? If it's in the twenties, will shorts and sandals be sufficient?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Data plan and mobile network for 10 days

Sydney Jun 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Hi
      I would like to get a data plan for 10 days usage while in Sydney.
      Any recommendation on the network provider? I would like to get a SIM card for the phone and an extra card for data using ipad. Let me know can I get this upon arrival at the international airport.

Thanks

more
    • eviec38's Profile Photo

Using Atm Card in Perth

Perth Jun 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Can anyone give any tips on using Atm in Perth I have a n irish card and wondering about charges, best places to use it etc thank you

more
    • Swimming at Mackay beaches

Mackay Jun 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Are there any beaches that are safe to swim at in late September?

more
    • Travelling solo for the first time

Perth Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I am travelling solo to Perth on the 27th July to 1st Aug 15. Totally clueless on how to go about planning for the trip. Moreover having issues with accommodation as due to budget constraint. Please help.
      Anu

more
    • eviec38's Profile Photo

spending money

Perth Jun 15, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Im going to Perth from Ireland for 15 days n august just wondering how much spending money would I roughly need? is it expensive 2 eat/drink etc?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Opal card for 10 days

Sydney Jun 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I am going to be in Sydney for about 10 days - will be going around Sydney including Central, Parramatta and day trip or weekend trip to Blue Mountains.

Is the Opal card the best transport card to get? Where best to get this if arriving at the Sydney International Airport?

Any tips in terms of how to make this travel card works better in terms of savings?

Thanks =)

more
    • Visiting in July

Melbourne Jun 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM

I will be travelling to melbourne this weekend and will stay there for a month. I see it's winter there and am planning my packing accordingly. It would be great though if somebody who is/ have been there can answer a few queries for me:

1. What to pack for a month in July? I will be working till 17:00 on weekdays and will have weekends for myself.

2. Any good trek/ mountain area nearby that can be covered in a day?

3. Any specific area for good food? And beer :D

Also, i would love to meet you guys on weekends to explore the city for a day or two together, the local way. Please let me know and let's plan.

TIA, vt1026

more
    • bluehome's Profile Photo

Where oh where is this just out of Mossman Gorge area?

Cairns Jun 16, 2015 at 1:33 AM

A beautiful blue pond that apparently Aboriginal women gave birth into years ago. It is so blue you can see to the bottom. We visited Mossman Gorge, then this place, then headed back to Palm Cove, but can't find it anywhere. If I could upload a photo I would, but don't know how to here....Thanks

more
    • 7 days 6 nights Perth Tour

Perth Jun 8, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Hey, May I know how much is the minimum spending for a 7 days 6 nights tour to Perth, Australia?
      Kinda urgent.
      I'm from Malaysia. About to travel to Perth by the end of September.

more