change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Lake Pedder & Southwest NP

Hobart Jun 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I spent a week in Tasmania more than two decades ago and I'm looking forward to another trip to the Island, a longer one this time. Southwest NP looks very interesting and I'm sure some of you have explored it. It seems that the only way to reach Mt. Solitary is by boat. Is there a boat service to the island ? is camping allowed on it ?

more
    • 6-berth Motorhome with Shower & Toilet rental

by carol_coral Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Hi, we are 6 people from oversea planning to visit Tasmania on Nov. We are going to rent a motorhome for a 12 days trip, any kindly suggestion of good rental company for it? Thank you very much!

Carol

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Travel from Launceston

by JudePat Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM

How can I travel from Launceston to Sheffield?

8 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

What to do with an afternoon in Launceston?

by volarevolare Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Hi all,

Good day!

I'm wondering what's there to do with 2 hours left of daylight in Launceston in the late afternoon?

If I have 2 hours from 1600 -- 1800 (before it gets dark and it's time for dinner), what could I see/ do in Launceston?

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

smiles,
      Francesca

4 Answers Feb 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    • idy's Profile Photo

Batman Fawkner Inn?

by idy Online Now Nov 12, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Hullo forum folks!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding budget accomodation in Launceston for the January period that suitable for a family of 5 adults (including an elderly couple).

But I found this place called Batman Fawkner Inn, does anyone know of it? They apparently just recently reopened and I can't find any reviews online. They are located at 39 Cameron Street.

Anyone who knows the place, I'd be grateful for your opinion about the place.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM
    • voyage_lam's Profile Photo

Winery Accommodatoin

by voyage_lam Online Now Oct 19, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi there

will be travelling to Launceston-Hobart for 7 days this Nov. thinking about staying in wineries for a few nights and heard that Tamar Valley is good. are there any wineries that offer accommodation? appreciate any suggestions! distance is not a problem, as will be driving, so long as it's beautiful and offers quality food.. apart from Tamar, other areas are fine too. thanks!

2 Answers Oct 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    • Day tour to Cradle Mountain

by salemvang Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM

i am planning to take a tour to Cradle Mountain on Thurday, 13/11. I searched in some tour company websites (eg.tigerwilderness.com.au/cradl..., the tour is not available on Thursday. If you know any other tour companies that offer this tour on that day, please help me. Thank you so much.

3 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 1:58 AM
    • Tsubame's Profile Photo

Day Tours to Bridestowe Lavender Farm

by Tsubame Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 9:47 AM

Hi, am in a bit of a fix now. I could only find Tiger Wilderness Tour doing the Lavender Farm tour from the internet. BUT, they are already fully booked for the day! To prevent further disappointment, we have booked the Cradle Mt. day tour with them, so that leaves us with only 5th Dec, Monday to visit the farm.

Can anybody advise what other day tour company also have the Lavender tour? We will be based in Launceston. And if we cannot get a tour, what is the best possible way to get there via public transport as we do not drive?

Thanks very much.

1 Answer Nov 21, 2005 at 11:44 AM
    • Tattugran's Profile Photo

how far from airport

by Tattugran Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 5:17 PM

HI can someone tell me how far it is from Launceston Airport to Patterson Street (The Penny Royal Inn)
      thanks

6 Answers Jun 21, 2005 at 2:26 PM
    • Audrey118's Profile Photo

Accomodation in or around Launceston

by Audrey118 Online Now May 25, 2005 at 1:07 AM

This is well in advance planning, but becos there will be at least 10 pax, if not 12, and during late January, it is peak season.

We will be flying in from Melbourne to Hobart, driving past Richmond to stay 2 nights in Bichenon (any accomodation tips there also welcome - we have considered Diamond Bay), and then off to Launceston for another 2 nights.

we are looking for exclusive type of accomodation where cost is irrelevant. Some accomodation does not permit children - we have one child, 10 years old travelling with us. It may be a private villa, chef runned historical home, or scenic view apartments. It need not be smack in city centre, as we will have cars...10-15 mins outside of Launceston is OK with us.

thanks in advance

3 Answers May 25, 2005 at 5:58 PM
    • Visiting

by David_Tschanz Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 4:34 AM

I will be Luanceston from January 11-25, 2005 and was wondering what esle there might there to do other than obvious. Any historical sites? Local events/festivals/fairs? Thanks Dave

2 Answers Dec 19, 2004 at 4:40 PM