Launceston Travel Answers

change location
idy's Profile Photo

Batman Fawkner Inn?

by idy Online Now Nov 12, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Hullo forum folks!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding budget accomodation in Launceston for the January period that suitable for a family of 5 adults (including an elderly couple).

But I found this place called Batman Fawkner Inn, does anyone know of it? They apparently just recently reopened and I can't find any reviews online. They are located at 39 Cameron Street.

Anyone who knows the place, I'd be grateful for your opinion about the place.

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

Re: Batman Fawkner Inn?

by tropicrd Online Now Nov 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Hi,this is a very old colonial inn,it is budget accomodation and has family rooms and a backpackers dorm.It is close to the city.If you get in touch with-- my247.com.au -- website they have reviews.My brother inlaw who has stayed there says it is basic but clean,but may be a bit noisy because of the inn.
    Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • idy's Profile Photo

by idy Online Now Nov 15, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Thanks so much for your input!

May I know when your brother-in-law stayed there? When we called the inn the other day, they said they had closed their bar and so there will be no noise. So, we went ahead and booked 2 rooms. Crossing fingers that it will all work out.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo

by tropicrd Online Now Nov 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Hi,
    he stayed there about 13 months ago--he lives in Hobart,Tasmania and often travels up to Launceston.
    Hope you have a great time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines