Launceston Travel Answers

change location

Visiting

by David_Tschanz Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 4:34 AM

I will be Luanceston from January 11-25, 2005 and was wondering what esle there might there to do other than obvious. Any historical sites? Local events/festivals/fairs? Thanks Dave

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Tasmania's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting

by Tasmania Online Now Dec 19, 2004 at 1:30 PM

This depends very much on your method of transport and your interests. I am sure that you have done your homework and know the usual tourist haunts. Most southern Tasmanians would tell you that Launnie's attractions start about 100km down the road....but then we are very slightly predjudiced! Don't miss Evandale market, the setting and the atmosphere is excellent. Why not try a day at the horse races? Walk the tracks that run through the gorge? Happy to help in any more specific way, Sharon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suzyq40's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Visiting

by suzyq40 Online Now Dec 19, 2004 at 4:40 PM

You have Penny Royal World, the museum, the cataract gorge, which is great in Summer, you can walk up there from the city centre. Evandale as Tasmania said, but you will need a car. The bakery out there is sensational. Cant remember what else is on down there at that time of year as I havent been home in 5 years. Do a google search or www.discovertasmania.com.au That should give you some hints and tips on what to do. The wineries down the Tamar are great, as is pipers brook/river

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines