Las Vegas Travel Answers

change location
albaaust's Profile Photo

Booking table at Lotus Siam

by albaaust Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Hi I am hoping someone can help us. I want to book a table at Lotus Siam on March 2 or March 3. I have gone on the website but it does not appear to be working. In the contacts section when I type I can only see when I highlight the letters. I have sent an email hoping that it did send but have not received a response. Does the restaurant take bookings? If so, is there an email I can send a booking?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Re: Booking table at Lotus Siam

by blueskyjohn Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM

There appears to be two websites.

http://www.saipinchutima.com/ (maybe the one your looking at because I see the fields your talking about)

and this one:

lotusofsiamlv.com/#/HOME-01-...
    The contact page on this one states reservations are recommended and to call
    Same phone number and address.

I'll be in Vegas that week. Looks and sounds like a great place. Happy to make a reservation for you if you can't call.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • albaaust's Profile Photo

by albaaust Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Thank you John. We love Thai food and the restaurant featured on Top Chef. The menu looks lovely. The problem for us with phoning is the time difference. If it is not too much trouble and you could book a table for us on Saturday March 2nd or Sunday 3rd Alice Barrie Australia that would be lovely. Were you thinking of going yourself? If you do, can you give us a review of what you think?

by albaaust Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM

John..thank you for offering to help but I think I have solved the problem. One of our friends in California has offered to help and they will try and make the booking for us. Let's hope we get in !! :)

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

by blueskyjohn Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I'm arriving in Vegas on 3/1. This place is on my list! Thanks for bringing to my attention. If I get in 3/1, I'll write a review.

Enjoy your trip!

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

How was it? I just booked table for next Saturday the 16th. I have heard and read awesome things.

by albaaust Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Hi Ellen I notice you work in a restaurant so you probably have a more critical/analytical view than I do. However, I do love cooking and if you read my previous post you'll know that I do watch a lot of cooking shows!!!
    Ok..the Lotus Siam... with great anticipation having travelled to Thailand including Northern Thailand many times and having participated in a number of cooking classes I have to say there were some hits and misses. Firstly, you will need to book ahead as there were queues to get in. Even though we had made a booking we still had to wait about 15 minutes at the bar...not really a big problem but at least we were not turned away. We ordered a Californian Zinfandel and an Australian shiraz. The shiraz was awful..obviously open for some time..however, they did replace it without question and cost. Nevertheless, it did send alarm bells ringing. I ordered two Tom Yum Kai soups to start, garlic prawns, crispy duck and a northern red curry as the mains. They served one soup and almost at the same time the prawns and duck. When we asked for the second soup it came about 10 mins later but was not the same as mine. Mine was very spicy almost too much and I do enjoy spicy. (I have Asian heritage) wheras, my husband's was very bland so consistency is a problem. When we eventually got to eat the prawns and duck of course they were colder. The prawns and the duck to start were absolutely stunning. We did not finish the duck because as it got colder the fat left a taste on the tongue. The northern red curry was far too watery and too bland for my taste. So, Ellen, would I recommend the restaurant? Yes, but with some caveats: make a reservation, if you are going to have soup or an entree make sure that they understand you don't want mains served at the same time. The prawns and duck were excellent while they were hot. I would be interested in hearing about your experience and thoughts. I acknowledge that one visit is not necessarily an indicator of the restaurant as a whole and the problems may have been related to the service than the food itself. I hope you have a much better experience. Judging by the huge crowd a lot of people love the food.

1 member found this helpful

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I will certainly check back with you after next weekend. Thank you so much for your response. I was planning on the crispy duck after reading so many reviews on it and I am personally not that familiar with Thai food so I am not going to be comparing it to others. The restaurant I work at does not take reservations because no one shows up on time and I was most pleased with their policy of holding a reservation for 5 minutes only. I will let you know.

by albaaust Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hi John thanks once again for your offer of help. How did you go? Did you manage to get to the Lotus Siam? It was some distance from the main drag so I would understand if you didn't. If you did hope you had a good time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines