What are the most essential things we need to take with us to las palmas

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    • Sea temperature

by Kamelrouabah Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM

What is the average sea temperature in April , is it ok to swim

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    • Free bikes

by johntirrell Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Are ther free bikes available in las palmas for tourists? Also are there discounts available for seniors on busses etc.
      Thanks for your advice. Johnny

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • what is the distance from the airport in Gran Canaria LPA to the Cruise Terminal in Gran Canaria

by Tieganmk11 Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

what is the distance from LPA airport to the Gran Canaria Cruise terminal

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • thrift shops

by johntirrell Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 4:40 AM

I going on a trip bringing minimum clothes are there any thrift shops where I can buy some. John

1 Answer Oct 15, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • Street performing in Las Palmas/busking

by AngieBungee Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Hi guys.
      I hope somebody of you knows something about street performing in Las Palmas, are there some artists already, do you need a permit to perform there and if you need one, how much does it cost?
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    • Length of time/cost/transport from airport to playa del ingles?

by elioconnor Online Now May 11, 2012 at 6:03 AM

hi everyone

could anyone tell me details to do with getting from the airport to playa del ingles?

also, does anyone know anything about hostels in or near playa del ingles?

thanks so much

3 Answers May 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    • Work and Rent in Gran Canaria?

by elioconnor Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

hello:)

i'm moving to GC in a month, booked my one-way flight today
      i'm a student, 22 and its time for a change is all

i was wondering what people knew about the job prospects over there, local agencies for employment, cost of living, general renting prices

would one municipality be more recommended than another?

i'm an EU citizen btw, will not have any legal problems getting some work like bar work/waitering

2 Answers May 2, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • Wi-Fi in Playa del Ingles

by demimcgovern Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

The apartment where I will be staying in Playa del Inlges (Avenia Estados Unidos)does not have Wi-Fi in rooms, and as far as I know it is not near any hot spots. What options are there to buy internet from any service providers or are there any coffee shops nearby with free Wi-Fi?

• Gran Canaria

by ThonySy Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Is available offer for full accommodation in Gran canaria, from flights to
      "gran canaria hotels"? And how much. Thanks

1 Answer Jan 15, 2012 at 4:13 AM
    • Boat trips in Maspolams

by hemeljeff Online Now Dec 31, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I'm staying in Maspalomas in June and quite a fancy a boat trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to take a trip for a few hours. Will have transport so thats not a problem.

1 Answer Jan 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    • Hotel Gloria Palace San Agustin

by Glendening Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Hello,i am thinking of holidaying at this hotel next june with 2 friends,one of whome has a problem with one of her knees,is ok walking on the flat.Can anybody who knows this area tell me what the surrounding area is like for getting out for a walk around the area,example getting to and from the beach,would be gratefull for any information.Regards,Mrs.I.Young.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    • Las Palmas - Lanzarote boat schedule and prices

by elitis Online Now Aug 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Hello,

I will be arrving in Las Palams this Friday and I woul also like to visit the island of Lanzarote. Is it possible to tell me or send me some links to check about boat schedules and prices? Is there also any low cost airlines having flights between these two islands?

Thank you in Advance

Nikos

1 Answer Aug 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    • Shuttle transfers from LPA Las Palmas airport to hotel in Las Palmas?

by CurryQueen Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Hi all!

We'll be staying at AC Gran Canaria hotel and wondered if I should pre-book transfers to save money on taxis?

Has anyone used shuttle buses through companies like Resorthoppa.com and lowcosttravelextras and are they reliable, especially for return journey to airport to be on time for early morning flight? And would they stop at our hotel, address: C/ Eduardo Benot 3, 35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.

Thank you!

• Best Area

by johntirrell Online Now Mar 18, 2011 at 8:11 AM

What is the best area for an apartment for 2 people for Jan and Feb 2012. Not really a beach person.I like to bike. Any ideas of where to stay would be appreciated> thanks John

1 Answer Mar 19, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Recs for budget hotel center town area?

by philosykos Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Suggestions for a decent budget hotel..B&B..pension in the city downtown area??Many thxs!

3 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    • Bandama Volcano directions

by gartonr Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Will be in Las Palmas for 1 day (cruise), can anyone give me directions/advice on how to get from cruise port to Bandama Volcano, I know it's about 15 minutes, can I get a bus or do I need taxi. (6 people)

• Gran Canaria

by manuela1 Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hi
      Can anyone give their experience/opinion about which resort is the best for 2 adults travelling to Gran Canaria with no kids? We're thinking of going beginning of March 2011, for about a week for some winter sun and we would preferably like to go self catering and not be in close proximity to holiday makers with children! We don't want a very quiet resort and we don't want anything too mad either. A few bars and restaurants with a bit of culture thrown in and a beach and spas nearby will do. Any suggestions/reviews welcome.
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    • jayjay19's Profile Photo

Urgent - Ideas for bringing in the New Year in Las Palmas please

by jayjay19 Online Now Dec 31, 2010 at 5:54 AM

We are on holiday now in the Tryp Iberia but there is no New Year celebrations going on in here tonight. Has anyone any suggestions for us to bring in the New Year. We are a middle aged couple who enjoy good food and music but too old for clubbing. We would appreciate any information or suggestions. Maybe some other hotels have something on that we could go to. Thanks jayjay19

• swamom's Profile Photo

Arriving by ship and want to do Las Palmas on my own

by swamom Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 8:56 AM

We will be in Las Palmas in December, arriving by cruise ship. I am seeking information regarding doing Las Palmas on my own, rather than taking a cruise tour. Any help is appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    • hotel day pass/swimming fan

by cruiseaholic78 Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM

On a cruise ship for a day, dh is off for a flight with small plane, I would like to know the possibilities for booking a day pass at a hotel. I just want to be able to swim in a very large pool.We did this in Jamaica, you just pay for the use of their swimming pool towels ets anyone know of anywhere near the port or town or maybe a water park not too far away

• demic's Profile Photo

Hotel near airport?

by demic Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Hello,

We will be arriving into Las
      Palmas airport at about 10pm and really don't fancy the drive down to
      puerto
      rica where we are staying for the rest of our holiday.

Is anyone able to recommend a hotel/pension/b&b which is near enough to the airport to allow us to get there fairly cheaply by taxi please?

Many thanks. Demic x

1 Answer Apr 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    • Bono Bus Ticket

by marionmeirion Online Now Jan 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Is it possible to buy a bono bus ticket at the airport or must we get a single ticket on the bus and get the bono from the bus station or tobacconist?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    • wamy311's Profile Photo

Find a room near New Year & tips for car rental appreciated :)

by wamy311 Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Hi everybody!!

My boyfriend and I are visiting Gran Canaria for the New Year holidays from 26/12 to 2/01. We have already booked a room to stay from the 30th to the 2nd.
      For the first 4 nights, we tried to find local hosts through couchsurfing.com, unfortunately, because of the holidays, a lot of people are away. And we're not quite sure in which area is the best (convenient) to find a place to stay. Any advices will be very much appreciated!!

And any tips about car rental are also welcomed!!

Thanks in advance!!

Snow cheers from Belgium,
      Amy

• ladysail's Profile Photo

Tours by Taxi

by ladysail Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM

We're in Las Palmas for one day, from a cruise ship. I would like to go to Teror, but can't seem to find bus schedules. I've looked at the transportation website. So, I was thinking of taking a guided tour perhaps with a taxi. Or, are there tour operators in Las Palmas that I could reserve with? I just can't seem to find any information about tours (except for the big tour companies that want 30-40 people).

Thank you for all ideas and suggestions!! :)

Joyce

• piglet44's Profile Photo

airport taxis at night??

by piglet44 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Sorry to drive everyone crazy on this board,but I am getting nervous!We are arriving at LPA at 01.40am.Will we be able to get a regular taxi at that time, and if so what would be the price to transfer to Las Palmas city, or do we need to book a private transfer?

thanks all.

2 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

stay in LP or move around?

by piglet44 Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 6:22 AM

We are a couple aged 50,60 and would like to take a short break in Gran Canaria in December. Not into partying or beaches, more scenery and history.Would like to ask whether it would be better to stay in Las Palmas (the city) and take day trips out to different parts of the island or whether it would be better to move from place to place. How easy would it be to get accomodation- I mean is booking ahead essential or can we wing it?

Also is the best way to go to hire a car or can one make do with public transport?

We would have around 5-6 days in all.

5 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    • stay in gran canaria

by luzia Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 9:32 PM

iam planning a 1 week vacation to gran canaria,spain, iam looking for a hotel ,with kitchen,,apartment type, if anyone can give me a name or advice were to look for this request,i thank you ,

4 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    • Jasminerose's Profile Photo

Yoga Retreat for at least 1 week...

by Jasminerose Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Hi there VT
      I am looking to book a week's sunshine and Yoga in Gran Canaria..
      Do you know of any places that offer a yoga retreat and nice accomodation where I can relax by the pool as well. I am a 35 year old woman travelling by myself and so somewhere accessible and central would be ideal..

I am looking to go 2nd week in November from Glasgow.
      all advice is welcome..
      Kind regards

Jasminerose *

• trudyturcotte's Profile Photo

HELP! Don't know where to stay!

by trudyturcotte Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Las Palmas in November for 3 nights. I have spent hours searching through hotels, reviews, photos, etc. I can't seem to get a clear idea of where to stay!
      We would like easy beach access (less than 5 minutes walk) & don't require all inclusive or 5 star hotel; just something safe, clean and easily accessible to other activities either by foot or taxi.

Any advice would be helpful, we are stuck on this one...