Las Alpujarras

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• day out in Alpujarras on the bus

by MelPotter Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Any ideas for where to go on the bus as a day trip from Granada? I'm going the first week in September, so it'll be very hot, but would like to do a shortish circular walk in this region, although have to rely on public transport.

Any ideas or tips gratefully received!

• madkanu's Profile Photo

Restaurants and groceries

by madkanu Online Now May 11, 2007 at 12:07 PM

We will be staying in Bubion for a week and were wondering if anyone can recommend any good restaurants? Also..is there a grocery store in town, or should we buy provisions before we arrive? Thanks

• aimlesslady's Profile Photo

How to get there

by aimlesslady Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 1:05 PM

Hi everyone!

I will be travelling to spain in May and I definiltey want to stop in the Alpujarras. Do you all think that a day trip will be enough? Also, are there any buses that can take us there from Granada. What do you all think would be the best way to get there?

Thank you all for your help. I'm trying to finalize my trip to Europe and I need this information before I book my hotel in Granada. Thanks again for your time!

Happy Travels

Carla

4 Answers Apr 11, 2005 at 6:24 AM
    • still driving alone :((

by LightPanther Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:23 PM

Does no one have any thoughts / experiences on this?? (see message below). So far, only one spam merchant has left me a message (sigh).

1 Answer Jun 8, 2004 at 9:35 AM
    • driving alone in Spain

by LightPanther Online Now May 31, 2004 at 4:09 PM

Hi there I (male) was thinking about hiring a small camper or motorhome and spending a fortnight or so looking at different regions in Spain. But I have some concerns:- It sounds like a great idea, but on the other hand, I have never been to Spain before, don't speak Spanish ("solo un poco!"), never dirven a left had vehicle before etc. Do you think this is a wise idea, or am I biting off more than I can chew? Would I be allowed to park such a vehicle in small villages or rural locations just at the side of the road? (wouldn't particularly want to tour campsites) Most important, would it e safe to do that? And would the police be ok with it? I would also be grateful if anyone knows any surprise trip-ups (such as petrol pumps that only accept credit cards, that kind of thing). I should say that my reason for travelling is to sound out regions with a view to a possible place to live. The alternative is to go on an organised coach tour, which obviously eliminates some of the above concerns, but on the other hand tends to concentrate on Big Cities, Museums etc. What do you recommend? What do you think? Is a foreigner likely to be safe enough driving around Spain like this? (mainly small town / rural, but not exclusively). Please do reply and in advance many thanks (muchas gracias) :) Mark

3 Answers Jul 18, 2004 at 7:26 AM
    • Tilleke's Profile Photo

Weather in Las Alpujarras

by Tilleke Online Now Dec 15, 2003 at 5:31 AM

How is the weather in Las Alpujarras in February. My husband and I are planning walking holidays half february. Will there be snow on the roads ? How are the roads Malaga - Granada, Granada Sevilla ? Tilleke

1 Answer Dec 15, 2003 at 1:55 PM