Larnaca Travel Answers

change location
Dia_Bia27's Profile Photo

Larnaca buses from the airport

by Dia_Bia27 Online Now Sep 13, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Please help me with some info,
I will arrive in Larnaca at the first days of October,I would like to know what time will be dark in the beggining of October,.how's the weather then and one more question....I will arrive at 21 time at Larnaca airport, until what time will be buses avialable, and what number of the bus is arriving to Dhekelia Road-po Box 40741 ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thank you very much

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Larnaca buses from the airport

by leics Online Now Sep 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM

This page will give you bus information, route details and timetables for buses from Larnaca airport:

cyprusbybus.com/routes.aspx?...

But I'm afraid services are very infrequent for many routes. The 440 is probably your best bet. You may prefer to pre-book a taxi from the airport direct to your destination.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Re: Larnaca buses from the airport

by greekcypriot Online Now Sep 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I am afraid by the time you finish with customs it will be already late for any bus. It will be dark even by 5.15 afternoon.
    There are no buses from the airport for Larnaca so you will surely need to get a taxi but there is no need to pre book as the other member recommended because there are so many taxis waiting in the queue on the right hand side as you get out of the building. Check the time table given to you, but I would not get to the Promenade by the beach where the bus stop is ...and wait for the bus. You cannot avoid it but take a taxi out there where you want to go to. The taxi to Larnaca centre costs about 16 euros, and this will cost you between 28-30 euros to the point you want to go. Are you going to any hotel on the beachfront on the Dhekelia road? So better pick a taxi to avoid further delays and have in mind that even though the timetable for buses shows on the paper, the buses delay especially the time schools finish because they have to make one or two routes to pick children from school and take them to their neighbourhoods!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines