I'm currently in Los Angeles, but grew up in London and Ghana, and speak Ga and Twi.
Last time I was in Ghana was 20 years ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed.
I'm planning a short trip to go catch up with family - 4/9/15 to 4/14/15 from LAX (Los Angeles) to ACC (Accra, Ghana).
I'll be staying with family, and could ask them to plan things, but I'd rather do it myself.
Trip is for just 1 adult.
I need help with a few things :
1. Which website has the best flight deals to Ghana?, currently looking at travelocity, and it looks to be around $1250 round trip.
Is there a better site with better prices?
2. I have a phone that uses a sim card. I'd like to buy a sim card with data and airtime compatible with Ghana, while I'm still in Los Angeles, so I have service when I land, and don't have to go looking for a sim card when I land. Which website has the best options? I'll be using whatsapp to keep in touch.
3. Is there an airline that's better?, noticed Delta, Klm and british airways so far. Which airline has better food, in flight comfort etc?
4. I'd like to rent a car for the 4 day period. I have driving licenses from Ghana, Uk and US.
Which website can I rent a car from? Not planning any long trips, just driving locally in Accra.
5. What do I do about money? Read that I should not use cards in Ghana, so do I fly in with cash? Where do Americans withdraw money in Ghana? Are there atm fees? Which place offers the best currency rates and options?
Any tips or additional info, would be appreciated.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|