• Transportation from Rovaniemi airport to Santa's Hostel Rudolf downdown

Rovaniemi Dec 10, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Are there shuttle bus from the Rovaniemi airport to Santa's Hostel
      Rudolf downtown?

1 Answer Dec 10, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    • LornaM11's Profile Photo

TRANSPORT LAPLANDS

Rovaniemi Dec 1, 2014 at 7:12 AM

hi we need transport from kemi hotel to rovaniemi hotel on christmas day morning and back to kemi airport very early as flight is at 7 am... any suggestions re company please as cannot find any online

2 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • From Santa's Hostel Rudolf at Koskikatu 41-43 Rovaniemi, 96200, Finland to Aallonkatu bus stop

Rovaniemi Nov 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM

We are visiting in December and unfortunately we have already book our stay and then realized we wanted to visit the Sampo Icebreaker and then now we have no idea how can we get from our hostel to Aallonkatu bus stop and back. Pickup at Aallonkatu bus stop is at 10.30am and we will be back to Rovaniemi approximately 08:00pm. (according to brochure). Any help is appreciated.

2 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM
    • tour operator

Rovaniemi Nov 22, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Can somebody recommend some good local tour operator in Rovaniemi?

1 Answer Nov 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Taxi to Rovaniemi

Rovaniemi Nov 22, 2014 at 5:13 AM

How much will it cost for two person taking a Taxi From Sky Hotel to Rovaniemi Railway Statiion and also from Hotel to Aallonkatu Bus Sation.

1 Answer Nov 22, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • Language : french !

Inari Nov 2, 2014 at 3:35 AM

We will come to Inari in march 2015 and for the excursions it will be better to know somebody speaking french.

We hope to see the auroras, we are 60 years old and we aren't very sportsman.

Thanks for the answer

Delongueville Claudine
      Belgium.

13 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Rvanniemi to Pello

Rovaniemi Oct 29, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have bought a ticket to rovaniemi on 27th of December, however, as all the accomodation is already booked in rovaniemi, i had to book a cottage 100 m from the city, 20 km near the Pello, but I have no idea how to get there, I cannot rent a car, as i don't know how to drive, we're 4 so we could share a taxi if its not super expensive, does anyone know how much approximately would the axi cost, or if there is any other transport between rovaniemi and pello? Help Please..

4 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Please suggest route for one week trip in Helsinki, Rovaniemi, and Rauma

Rovaniemi Oct 9, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi I had booked a flight from England to Helsinki on the first of November. I will visiting my friend in Rauma and Pori but struggling to sort the route out as I am really keen on going to Rovaniemi for Nothern lights and Santa Claus hometown. I know it is enough to stay in Rovaniemi for a day but would it be possible to see the aurora early on November? Any information will be helpful! Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    • please suggest Itinerary for 2 day trip to Rovaniemi including some activities

Rovaniemi Sep 26, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Hi

Me and my husband will be visiting Rovaniemi on 28-29 november this year. Could you suggest some good itinerary where we can also do some activities including visit to Santa claus places. Also please suugest some good and economical places to stay.

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • What visit near Rovaniemi

Rovaniemi Sep 16, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Hello everybody, I'm planning to visit Rovaniemi the next november with my family. I have two question for you
      1. Which location or city can we visit near Rovaniemi? Our trip is six day and we would visit Rovaniemi for about three days and visit another location for other days.
      2. I have a son, he is three years old, is it a fine destination for him? Obviously yes for Santa Claus Village and for Christmast atmosphere but I am worried for cool temperature.
      What do you think about?
      Regards, Federico

5 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Oulanka - Sleeping Huts

Oulanka Aug 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Hi ,

me and my girlfriend are planning to visit Oulanka National Park on beginning of October for 3 days. I heard you have some sleeping huts on the trail, which are free to use. Could you tell me a little bit about how they are equipped? And is there any map, where we can see the huts locations?

What's more, are there some Saunas in Oulanka National Park, where you can jump into the sea right after :) ?

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 11:06 PM
    • Train during day or night from Rovaniemi to Helsinki Oct 14

Rovaniemi Aug 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM

We will be travelling by train from Rovaniemi to Helsinki around 11/12 October 2014. My husband wants to go during the day and I would prefer the night train with sleeper. Could you please advise if there is a lot to see along the route. If so, we will go during the day.
      Thanking you
      Cheers
      Maggie

1 Answer Oct 20, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • transpotation

Rovaniemi Aug 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Is there any bus service to Inari from Rovaniemi on X'mas? Thank you for your attention.

7 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • key to huts along Nordkalottleden

Kilpisjärvi Jul 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Does anyone know anything about the key system for the huts along the Nordkalottleden? I've heard that I need a key for the huts, but don't know where I can get the key?

• Pascom01's Profile Photo

Christmas lunch and dinner

Rovaniemi Jul 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hi VT family,

We are an Australian family of 8 (2 grand children aged 6 and 3 in that family) and we have booked a cabin in Muurola area from 20/12 to 27/12 this year (2014). I'm looking for suggestion about what would be good places in Rovaniemi to book in for a Xmas lunch and a Xmas dinner on 25/12/14. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Malcolm

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • HastyHiker's Profile Photo

Kilpisjarvi, views of three nations?

Kilpisjärvi May 22, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Hi I read in the Lonely planet guide for Finland, that you can climb to a point in this area where there are some fantastic views of three nations. Where is this, and is it a days trek or a couple of days?
      Thanks,
      Emma

10 Answers May 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

8 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

2 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Things to do in Rovaniemi

Rovaniemi Feb 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We are staying in Lapland over Xmas this year (2014) and was looking for suggestions about things to do in Rovaniemi

13 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • Amer23's Profile Photo

Activities on november

Ivalo Feb 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi.
      I planning to go saariselka on november.what activities I can do on that time?

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • Timetable for day train

Rovaniemi Jan 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM

what is the DAY TRAIN TIMETABLE from Helsinki to Rovanemi?

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • Stay in Rovaniemi or further up north ?

Rovaniemi Jan 2, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi! I will be visiting the Lapland in early February. I am a solo male traveler and my concerns are should i stay in rovaniemi or further up north? e.g 1-2 days stay then move up to Levi etc and spend another 1-2 days there. My interests are in the beauty of the wilderness area (easy to moderate winter trails that dont take more than a day), husky and reindeer rides and hopefully catching a free aurora instead of going with the tours provided (am contemplating the night snowmobile aurora hunt, not sure if its worth though). Im always open to recommendations! Much help would be appreciated please!

Thanks!

Jonathan from Singapore

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Hotel most close to Aallonkatu bus stop

Rovaniemi Dec 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I want to take the sampo icebreaker in february and the meeting point is Aallonkuta bus stop, What's the most nearby hotel to the bus stop as I think it would not be easy to walking around in Feb's cold weather.

Thank you very much!!!

Kitty from Hong Kong

6 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Day Trip to Artic Snow Hotel

Rovaniemi Dec 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hi. We are planning a day trip to Artic Snow Hotel on 27 Dec. Are there any buses going there? Thks!

3 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • Juanmareca's Profile Photo

May I ask SANTA for more Snow?

Rovaniemi Dec 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hello. We are a family of five (My wife, plus 5, 10, and 11 years old children) from Madrid, Spain. We will stay at Rovaniemi from 12th December to 16th December. I visit the Rovaniemi Webcams daily and not too much snow really. The weather forecast, besides its unpredictability, does not show at this moment great snowfalls for next week. So I am wondering if,,, snowmobiles or huskies trip are possible with the actual snow and weather conditions?... And if not... what can we do???. We have rent a car for those days, and will be staying at ounasvaaran Pirtit ¿should we move somewhere else to do those trips?. All information and recommendations are wellcome. Best regards from Madrid.

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • northern lights

Rovaniemi Dec 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

hi... I was wondering if you really have to pay that much money to take a tour to see the aurora b. or if you can go somewhere near downtown rovaniemi by yourself to see it.. cause I would like to saty ther a few days and i dont wanna pay for every single night a tour... thanks

5 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • LidaG's Profile Photo

Holiday Information

Sirkka Nov 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

hello
      I have planed to visit Levi in January For 8 Days..I have Booked @ the Holiday Levi Apartments.
      I wanted to know about the costof eating out and i would love some restaurant tips.
      Also wanted to have some snowboard lessons does anyone knows the cost?I will for sure want to go for a husky Safari
      wich is the best company to book it?
      any tips are welcomed...
      kInd regards
      Lida

6 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    • Question title

Rovaniemi Nov 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM

We will be staying in Katkavaaran Luontokeskus in Tervalo and would transport from Rovaniemi Airport to Tervalo. Understand the taxi are expensive about 150 Euros is ther any other cheaper mode of transport?

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM