Lappeenranta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation to kummakivi-balancing-rock

Imatra Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I would love to visit the kummakivi-balancing-rock. From the map, seems like Imatra is the nearest train station. Is there any other transport I could get there besides renting a car?
      Will be travelling during Dec 2014.

more
    • Is it safe to swim in the lakes of Nuuksio National park?

Nuuksio Jul 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello, I would like to know is there are safe places in Nuuksio national park to swim in.
      I will go to Nuuksio National park in the following days and since it will be very warm I would like to swim in a lake like Nuuksion pitkajärvi or Holma - Saarijärvi.
      I will go alone in the park but I am a bit worried because most of the lakes are swampy:
      are there dangerous snakes there? weeds?
      Also I am a bit worried about the pollution:
      The water is turbid and it is difficult to guess the depth of the lake and I'm afraid that there are currents that pull me down.
      Anyway I never swam in a lake and I am quite worried about a lot of things.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO SWIM IN THE LAKES OF NUUKSIO NATIONAL PARK AND, IF YES, WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION?

more
    • Hotel Helsinki

Helsinki Yesterday

Hi
      What do you know about hotel KlausK ?

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • Lappeenranta for 2 weeks in June

by happyqile Online Now May 9, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Hi VT members,
      I am so happy to find this website! There is so much information available to help me plan my travels! Some of your websites have more photos and information than the official websites.

My husband has a work trip next month and will be in Lappeenranta for 2 weeks starting early June.

My little boy and I are coming along. This will not be my first time in Finland, we visited in 2001 and were staying in Helsinki then. I bought the FinnRailPass and did a lot of train rides - Turku, Tampere and Rovaniemi! Yes, we took the overnight train just so we could visit Santa Claus Village. But we were a little too early for Winter! It was early November then.

This time we are a little too early for Summer and will miss Santa Park which I'm sure my little boy will love.

Thought we will be based in Lappeenranta, I intend to bring my boy out and about when husband is at work. Some places in my list are Moomin Park and Moomin Valley in Tampere. Will the train ride take too long from Lappeenranta?

What are some of the recommended places in Lappeenranta or surroundings which we can go to by train, bus or ferry?

Thank you for your tips! We are looking forward to our trip!

Cheers,
      Lily

2 Answers May 12, 2006 at 3:48 AM