change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lappeenranta for 2 weeks in June

by happyqile Online Now May 9, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Hi VT members,
      I am so happy to find this website! There is so much information available to help me plan my travels! Some of your websites have more photos and information than the official websites.

My husband has a work trip next month and will be in Lappeenranta for 2 weeks starting early June.

My little boy and I are coming along. This will not be my first time in Finland, we visited in 2001 and were staying in Helsinki then. I bought the FinnRailPass and did a lot of train rides - Turku, Tampere and Rovaniemi! Yes, we took the overnight train just so we could visit Santa Claus Village. But we were a little too early for Winter! It was early November then.

This time we are a little too early for Summer and will miss Santa Park which I'm sure my little boy will love.

Thought we will be based in Lappeenranta, I intend to bring my boy out and about when husband is at work. Some places in my list are Moomin Park and Moomin Valley in Tampere. Will the train ride take too long from Lappeenranta?

What are some of the recommended places in Lappeenranta or surroundings which we can go to by train, bus or ferry?

Thank you for your tips! We are looking forward to our trip!

Cheers,
      Lily

2 Answers May 12, 2006 at 3:48 AM