Laos Travel Answers

change location
axwell's Profile Photo

Myanmar to Laos

by axwell Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Planning to enter Laos at Xieng Kok from Kentung in Myanmar, have any members made this crossing? Is it possible to get visa on arrival? How easy is onward travel to Luang Prabang?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Myanmar to Laos

by sydneystone Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Are you applying for a special permit through the Myanmar Govt.? I've yet to read of anyone crossing a myanmar border (entry or exit) by land. The visa has a notation on it so I've read. Let us know what you find out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • axwell's Profile Photo

Re: Myanmar to Laos

by axwell Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM

We have decided to delay our trip until the autumn, still a little vague about visa but this will give us more time for research!!

• Re: Myanmar to Laos

by rennug Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

As far as I'm aware, the only land border crossings to exit Myanmar which are open to foreigners are those at Tachilek (to Mae Sa, Thailand). Musa (to Ruili, China) and Kawthoung (to Ranong, Thailand). Prior permission from government-owned Myanmar Travels & Tours is granted on a case-by-case basis and are passports are surrendered in return for a limited permit.

In other words, generally not worth the hassle if your intention is to proceed onward to Luang Prabang or other places in Laos.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Laos Travel Answer Locations