Laos Travel Answers

change location

Border crossing

by mikesimojoki Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

In early July, I will be crossing from Laos to Cambodia. Is this crossing as bad as they say?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Border crossing

by xymmot Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM

no, I don't think so? paper work, file, photos, paper work, 22 usd, I didn't have a problem and there are some agent there that will speed you through for a fee.

cheers tommy x

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:34 AM

The procedures are very straight forward but it can be a very muddy affair in this part of the country that time of year and getting up through Cambodia could take you some time as you often have floodings there that time of year.

2 members found this helpful

• Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I'm not sure who says it's "bad". But when i did it a few years ago, when it wasn't sure you could get the visa-on-arrival for Cambodia, it was fine. Sure, it's a little more 'rustic' than some crossings, but still super straight forward.

2 members found this helpful

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

As bad as who says? I did it Visa on Arrival a few years ago and it was a breeze. Perhaps half an hour to forty minutes at the border to get the whole busload processed. Looking at the details on your profile I am guessing you are travelling on a Sri Lankan passport. Have a look at the Cambodian Government website and it will tell you the full story. Obviously, you need to cross at the main crossing point but it really was no problem.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Laos Travel Answer Locations