Laoag City Travel Answers

change location

First time in Laoag

by juliegee Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 5:38 AM

hello.
i'm a person who's always looking for the cheaper deal. got my family (husband and 2 kids, ages 3 and 5) a cebupac promo (p1900 for the 4 of us) for laoag in september and then just recently a groupon voucher for 50% off for playa resort in curimao (thought it was a good deal kahit na i know it's far from laoag)

my question is the hotel offers the vigan tour at 4k (inclusive of gas etc), and i've been reading forums and looking up tour agencies in the internet and asking the given numbers for cheaper tours. the cheapest so far is 3,500 with everything else 4k and up. is that the normal rate now? can anyone refer a cheaper service? we're planning to have a laoag-pagudpud tour the next day na balikan lang and then vigan on our last day so our drop-off will be at the airport na sana.

the airport transfer of the hotel is also pricey, almost the same as our airfare! at 9pm estimated arrival, are there any jeeps or trikes that could take us cheaply to curimao?

thanks in advance! :)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • annesophia's Profile Photo

Re: First time in Laoag

by annesophia Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

i think 4k is reasonable for 4 persons... one thing is- be careful - i mean, my mother is from this place, i have relatives from here ok, but we rarely go home due to our hectic schedule in Manila back then, but there's one beach near to that of Marcos house, not the Taiwanese Nipa Hut Resort- but next to that, the electric current from the beach are dangerous from this area as they say- just be safe ok- and try to ask people around, im just not sure if this is Playa Beach or not. Way back, we were not allowed to go to this beach,until now- though the entire beach was great... we would walk down to Marcos front beach house and swim from there. By the way, my Lolo's small farm lot is facing the road thus covering the nice view of the Marcos' beach house. but beside it, you can see the "helipad" on the road. Take care...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Laoag City Travel Answer Locations