Laoag Travel Answers

change location
GuestLancer's Profile Photo

Laoag Inquiries

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Hello Guys,

Good day.

I will be needing your inputs regarding our planned Ilocos trip.

My girlfriend and I will be leaving Vigan in the morning. i would like to ask some inquiries:

1. From Vigan, where we can ride a transportation (bus/jeep/trike) going to Laoag?
2. How much is the fare from Vigan to Laoag?
3. Do you think, 4 hours exploration within the place is enough?
4. Our next destination is in Pagudpud, can we catch up a transportation going to Pagudpud? If yes, where?
5. Is it safe to travel in the evening from Laoag to Pagudpud?

Again, thank you guys for your inputs..

Looking forward to your replies..

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Laoag Inquiries

by asianbelle Online Now Apr 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

1. Viron Transit has a terminal within Vigan City where you can get a bus to Laoag. I think it's near Plaza Burgos (but I might be wrong). Alternatively, you can take a trike to Bantay-Vigan junction (highway) where a lot of buses going to Laoag pass by.

2. Sorry, no idea.

3. Were you referring to Laoag? IMO, you can easily explore the place in 2-3 hours, max.

4. From Laoag, ask the locals for the terminal of buses going to Pagudpud or Cagayan (Tuguegarao).

5. Generally, it's safe to travel at night. However, you have to consider that from your drop off point in Pagudpud, you may have to take a trike going to your resort. I'm under the impression that trikes are not available 24/7.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rairaiken's Profile Photo

by rairaiken Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Hello! You can ride a bus in the market just ask the tricycle driver to bring you there. I think I paid 200 from Laoag to Vigan so I guess it's the same vice versa. For me I was able to explore Laoag for 3-4 hours make sure you get a tricycle driver who will drive you around. You may contact kuya Wawie at 09069729377, he was my tour guide, he will tell you information ( history) of the places you are visiting and he knows how to use a DSLR :).these are the places I visited:sinking bell tower
    saint william cathedral
    museo iloko
    malacanang of the north
    paoay church
    marcos museum
    marcos photo gallery
    I skipped the sand dunes and Fort Ilocandia. Yes you can catch a transportation to Pagudpud in the afternoon you can ride a bus near hotel Tiffany just ask the tricycle driver. You have to tell the driver or conductor that you're heading to Mawini (Pagudpud).I think I paid 80 pesos to 100 I can't remember. Yes it is safe since Pagudpud is just near Laoag, in 30 minutes to an hour you can already see the Cape Bojeador and the Windmills though I'm not sure if they are visible at night. I would suggest you spend a whole day in Padudpud, so many places to go and sights to see. Have fun you guys!

• GuestLancer's Profile Photo

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Hello Rai,

Thank you for your inputs.

May I ask how much is the tour package in Laoag of Kuya Wawie?

Thanks again!

• GuestLancer's Profile Photo

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Thanks for your inputs Belle!

by rairaiken Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I paid 600.you can also contact kuya Arnel for pagudpud tour.his number is 09186890723..kay kuya Arnel I paid 1000 for north and south tour kasi malayo un.

by rairaiken Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I just checked my notes, going to pagudpud from laoag I paid 85 sa bus then pabalik ng laoag they only ask me to pay 40..weird...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Laoag