Laoag Travel Answers

change location
travelingcebuano's Profile Photo

Trip to Laoag, Paoay, Pagudpud and also Vigan

by travelingcebuano Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Greetings! We, together with my uncle and aunt (in their late sixties) are planning a trip to Laoag to see the city, as well as Pagudpud, Paoay and an overnight stay in Vigan.

We will be arriving in Laoag airport and we wanted to know if there is an easy way to get to the city from the airport? How does one travel? Taxi? Jeepney? Tricycle? My uncle has a bad back and I am a bit hesitant to put him in a tricycle.

So far, we have heard good things about affordable hotels within our budget (double room for 1,000 to 1,400).

Can anyone message me their reviews/opinions on:
Palazzo de Laoag Hotel
North View Hotel
Balay Da Bas
Renzo Hotel

What about hotels like Hotel Tiffany and Isabel Suites?

Can anyone recommend a reliable tour contact where we can hire a car, for the 3 of us, to visit Paoay and Pagudpud? What are the recommended historic sites to visit? We would love to photography scenery and historic architecture.

We would like to get a bus on our 3rd day to spend an evening in Vigan. Is this easy for us to travel to Vigan from Laoag?

Hoping for some great advice from you all. Thanks for your kindness.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • marc09's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Laoag, Paoay, Pagudpud and also Vigan

by marc09 Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Jane Palas - DOT accredited tour guide based in Vigan. I just lost her number but here is her email janeregiopalas@yahoo.com. Two known Manila-bound buses from laoag that will pass by Vigan, Farinas and Partas. I will cost you around 200 pesos from Laoag to Vigan.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Laoag, Paoay, Pagudpud and also Vigan

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Not sure if there are taxis now in Laoag (I doubt), hence you might have to take either the jeep or trike from the airport to city proper. But if you will be hiring a car, might as well ask them to pick you up.

Ilocos is known for its old churches and museums. You may also visit Bangui windmills, Burgos (Cape Bojeador) lighthouse, and La Paz sand dunes.

Vigan is about 1.5 (to 2) hours drive from Laoag.

• Re: Trip to Laoag, Paoay, Pagudpud and also Vigan

by Tlamm Online Now Feb 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I e-mailed Jane Palas but mail was returned. Any other info for van rental + driver/guide? Thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Laoag